Sign in to follow this  
Razor5

Shaking Rust Off

Re-installed F4AF. Couple of questions.

My install is as follows:

F4AF, 1.0.13 patched, Dr. Stops Pit, HiTiles

1. How do you get back to the default Nav Mode that the sim starts in? When I hit nav mode the right MFD just cycles.

2. I have some skins from the old Gamers Tools website. Are there any really nice goodies out there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yeah, if you're in AA mode and want to go back to Nav hit the AA button again. If in AG mode hit the AG button again. They're the circular buttons below the HUD

Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it. I used to hang out over at Frugalsworld. I'll be checking in here alot.

Alright I have the skins and lodeditor. How do i replace the F-16 skins? I can't seem to find the F-16 skin to even start working with it.

What skins did you download exactly? - try to get ones that use the skinpack installer if you can.

My bad MB for not being more clear. I downloaded the janhas skins and LODEditor. I went through the tutorial for the F-18E/F skins, but I get the below listed error.

"Error starting nvDXT.eve Error Code: 193"

I followed the instructions to the letter. The janhas skins are nicer than the Gamers Tools. I think i am getting close.

Are you on Win Vista/7 ? Try Running the lodeditor as admin - right click -> properties -> compatibility tab

What point do you get this message?

I remember you had to point the LODEditor at a few programs in the LODEditor folder when using it for the first time.

Sorry for not being more clear. Running Vista. I get the message when I go to replace the first texture. Tried running it as admin, No Joy, same error message.

nvdxt.exe is one of the files in the lodeditor folder - where are you running it from? not program files I hope.

Go to Preferences in the drop down menu and tick Use LP Database.

Did you get to do this bit:

9. The first time you go to replace a skin, LODEditor will ask you the location of the DDS compression utility.

Point it to the same folder you have LODEditor in and select the NVDxt.exe file. (This is the only time

you have to do this.

Thanks for all your help MB. You talked me through it. Aint she pretty.

post-50849-0-48611900-1315245592.jpg

Edited by Razor5

MB, how do you change entire sets? I still have a few that are unconverted.

Cool actually some the AF skins are really fantastic and surpass the BMS 4 ones - looks like JANHAS will be doing some anyway for that.

Entire skin sets - well you can do it by trial and error using the LOD Editor skin by skin - but you will notice you still might not get everything - and its not always logical where things go.

The only way I know is to use the skinpack installer - but even then you will need to compromise and use the chart I put in the USAF F-16 skin set pack on this site.

The skins are in the format .skn - this is actually just a .zip file - so rename it to .zip and you will see how its constructed.

You can then replace some of the skins with the JANHAS ones you want and rename the file to .skn.

basically there is no magic button to do this that Im aware.

You can do the F-16AM with LOD editor separate to the C with 2 different skins

Edited by MigBuster

Thanks for all your help. I need some additional help. I tried to replace the ALQ-131 using the instructions for he AIM-120. Now all i have is a white non texture alq. May I can use your instructions listed above for the ALQ. I am getting the hang of it.

You should be able to just install the skin again using LOd Editor - make sure yo replace the texture with the exact number as the file name - can you see the loaded skin in LODeditor.

I installed my weapon skins using the skinpack installer - which seems to be better at doing some things

You wont be pleased to hear - In BMS4 to install a skin you just place it in a folder like in Strike Fighters - job done :lol: