Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Need Someone To Check Something

In the SF2 aircraft section I pinned some of my favorite aircraft. I am wondering though did the pinning just affect me or does it affect everyone? If it just affects me then at the bottom of each download you will see a button to pin the file. Using that, one could put all their favorite planes ahead of ones you do not care for and have quicker access to them.

Hmm, well that blows, should I unpin them or does it look like it will be usable for end users here?

I say keep 'em pinned, they're favorite for many of us I think.

The only minor issue is that they stay pinned even if you change the filter to Title so say I''m after an AV-8A and select filtering by Title A-Z I still have to go through to page 8 before I get to the AV-8A as the Pinned ones appear 1st (in Title order).

Thats not a big deal for 90% of us on here but new users may find it hard to understand.

Could use the pinned option for the most downloaded or something similar (Yes I have Pinned ones now)... For example you could pin new birds ie the Buccaneer when it comes out (we know 2 weeks) :rofl:

agreed slarti it would do well for the most downloaded/popular files. of course now i gotta figure out how to slip Dave a 20 to pin my Phantom decal mod! :grin:

this of course does not change my opinion that its time to organize the Gen 2 aircraft and skin sections!

Edited by daddyairplanes

this of course does not change my opinion that its time to organize the Gen 2 aircraft and skin sections!

As I said, I am not touching the server downloads section after what happened the last time I moved everything. I know its a pain but I am not risking taking the site down just because some people cant find a particular download fast enough.

As I said, I am not touching the server downloads section after what happened the last time I moved everything. I know its a pain but I am not risking taking the site down just because some people cant find a particular download fast enough.

i know that. but maybe next time there is some major maintenence to the site..... but it works fine now too. just tryin to see things work more gooder. and i now see it'll be at least 40 to get my stuff pinned :grin:

I was wondering about that, the pinned Falcons, just the other day ... it does effect everything below. So, the newest addition should be right below them.

I prefer seeing the newest at the top, but it don't really matter all that much. Just a couple of click a page or 2 back, and one can usually find what one is looking for

Smooth move, Dave. Thanks to the pinned uploads, you've made it all but impossible for moderators to approve new uploads (as they are now buried behind all the pinned uploads).

What will you do for an encore? Try gargling with peanut-butter?

DON'T PIN !!!!!!! +1

or the LatV1AN MaFIa !!1 w!LL sTR!kE !!!!111

Smooth move, Dave. Thanks to the pinned uploads, you've made it all but impossible for moderators to approve new uploads (as they are now buried behind all the pinned uploads).

What will you do for an encore? Try gargling with peanut-butter?

Well I guess I am going to busy unpinning all those files.

All the files are unpinned.