Sign in to follow this  
colmack

asw Cruise missiles

I was wondering can a guy make a mission using ASW cruise missiles as A.I. aircraft that could Kamikaze into objects that way the objects could use there CIWS to the defend themselves... at this point the ships ignore incoming missiles even though they have almost perfect defensive weapons for the attack

just wondering i'm going to try some today to see what i get..

post-2710-0-15646700-1315148918.jpg

post-2710-0-07031200-1315148931.jpg

there are some interesting entries in various ini files worth experimenting with...

from Objectlist.ini:

[ObjectGroup006]

GroupName=MissileGroup

GroupSize=2048

StaticGroup=FALSE

ObjectFlags=MISSILE

Searchable=TRUE

Stary,

I'd say all those entries are meant for the "free action view" that's toggled when the player's aircraft is destroyed.

strange as these were present there for years I think... must be TK had everything ready and now just enables some features :grin:

or for padlocking purposes

I think destroyable missiles may be one of the features for the Tomcat Title that TK was hinting at with "working naval combat" on Twitter.

I thought on some "fake" methods to get kamikazes working. I would like to see that.

we'd discussed Kamikazies in one of the thread in the PropHeads forum ... but I can't find it!!

what we'd figured out, was using an aircraft, changing the AI parameters for bomb release to 0 altitude, so it releases AFTER it impacts with the ground or ship or whatever. For a cruise missile, you'd need to cinvert it to an aircraft or something like that

targetable missiles would be the best way -- which we ain't got (I do remember being able to do that in ATF/FA way back when, but I think only after editing the missiles)