Ok taking some time of my other projects and concentrate on learning to build Pits..going to start with a simple one for the Vautour.

post-11906-0-01953600-1315494321.jpg

It NEEDS a better pit than the Meteor I been using!!!!

Im no expert but will try my best. Good ref is hard to come buy I l'll use the pics of the FSX vautour I found on the web

Edited by Veltro2k

looks good!

looks good!

Naming the guages and needles and mapping is going to be a tough one

post-11906-0-44330500-1315583078.jpg

Wow, you've come a long way! My suggestion regarding mapping would be to map everything with an ambient occlusion map in mind, ie do not reuse such areas that might get affected in some important way by the AO map (a good tutorial to get you started http://everflow.com/support/tutorials/AO/Everflow_AmbientOcclusion1.html). The AO texture blended in with the diffuse texture will take care of a lot of the visual realism I think. I probably think you could up the polycount somewhat too, to get nicer lightning and shading. Todays GFX cards can handle the polys! It's easy to get stuck in a mode where one conserves polys more than necessary, been there done that :salute:

Just my constructive criticism, I wish you the best of luck.

Naming the guages and needles and mapping is going to be a tough one

Maping cockpit comparing to mapping external model is what layups are for dunking, much, much easier.

With gauges just name them to what they do, if it's altimeter name it needle_alt, speedometer needle_spd etc. etc. You have lot's of examples in the ini's :good:

Btw. it looks quite good I would put a bit more polys into the canopy bow but that's me, keep it up it looks cool :good:

Hello,

Oh!!! Super... :good:

Coupi :bye:

something like this I guess :dntknw:

post-11906-0-22717100-1315769101.jpg

I'm surprised to see the speedometer in kmph...

Look, this photo is supposed to be a Vautour anemometer

Edited by Cliff11

I'm surprised to see the speedometer in kmph...

Look, this photo is supposed to be a Vautour anemometer

this was just a trial to see how its going to look like

Damn you work fast (or you have A LOT of spare time :grin: ) you almost have a complete cockpit already!

Damn you work fast (or you have A LOT of spare time :grin: ) you almost have a complete cockpit already!

Spare time hmmm let me think does 3 years of unemployment give me spare time ??? I guess so :ohsnap:

oh, lordy ... don't I know that one .... 5, next Feburary. Too much spare time sucks....

Hmm.. yeah I guess, I only tried that for 6 months after my military service. Was enough, I gather.. I hope you get on your feet soon boys! And in the meantime, keep making those awesome mods :drinks:

oh, lordy ... don't I know that one .... 5, next Feburary. Too much spare time sucks....

Kev..I dont mind the time , its the money drought that hurts the most

Bump. How it's going Veltro? Any progress?

Sorry Kulbit the source files have been erased,,maybe eventualy will re do if someone will not do it sooner

Ed