Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Semi-OT: Experimental "Goblin" Mini-Fighter

I can't find the post, but wasn't it you Hawksbee who posted the image of the soviet fighters bolted onto a 'mother' aircraft? It wasn't that long ago, but I can't remember the thread.

I can't find the post, but wasn't it you Hawksbee who posted the image of the soviet fighters bolted onto a 'mother' aircraft? It wasn't that long ago, but I can't remember the thread.

It was me. Do you want me to re-post the pics?

A little more detail and background :heat:

My 1st Wife won a contest to ride on the Goodyear Blimp when she was young. She stated that It was like an elevator ride up and down. Also that it had hardly any sensation of movement.

Edited by carrick58

A little more detail and background

Great film footage!

Here's a good docu about the USS MACON:

(also look for parts 3 and 4)

Very funny by the way is the English tranlation of the German engineer.

I have never hear a German speaking Englsih with such a funny accent.

But in films, I have often heard this accent, when American Hollywood

actors play the role of a German. This translation is definitely spoken

by a "faked German".

Edited by Olham

It was me. Do you want me to re-post the pics?

No, I just wondered about the date, and whether it was an earlier attempt to air launch fighters than the Macon.

Carrick,

Every time I see a blimp, diridgable, or Zeppelin used as an aircraft carrier, I'm reminded of an old Micro$oft prodcut, Crimson Skies. It's an alternate history where airships were the main mode of transportation and were being used as mobile bases by air pirates. Pretty cheesy, and the flight dynamics are laughable, but as you can see in this clip, it does have "biplanes" and at the end you can see a hook up and landing in a Zeppelin.

Heeeeeyyy!!! Another "Crimson Skies" fan here?

Jarhead, I liked that game, and I would be most pleased, if they could come up with

another version of it, with phantastic graphics!

I liked to fly the Kestrel plane - the aircraft were really looking good!

Heeeeeyyy!!! Another "Crimson Skies" fan here?

Jarhead, I liked that game, and I would be most pleased, if they could come up with

another version of it, with phantastic graphics!

I liked to fly the Kestrel plane - the aircraft were really looking good!

(Well, for the time then, they did... :grin:)

Edited by Olham

Carrick,

Every time I see a blimp, diridgable, or Zeppelin used as an aircraft carrier, I'm reminded of an old Micro$oft prodcut, Crimson Skies. It's an alternate history where airships were the main mode of transportation and were being used as mobile bases by air pirates. Pretty cheesy, and the flight dynamics are laughable, but as you can see in this clip, it does have "biplanes" and at the end you can see a hook up and landing in a Zeppelin.

Yep its cheesy but the idea of alternate history with Airships is interesting ! Thanks Jarhead and Olham

I liked the look of the Crimson Skies Demo, but my PC at the time didn't have the spec to run it.

I've never seen the game Olham, but I did quite like the film. The plot was a bit cheesey, but I liked the 1920's / pre-war theme of it all, very stylish. :drinks:

The plot of "Sky Captain" was cheesy indeed, but the visuals were great.

If only Hollywood would combine their great abilities in visuals with good scripts!

If only Hollywood would combine their great abilities in visuals with good scripts!

Truer words were never spoken!

Great stuff, Hauksbee - never saw that Russian attempt before.

Closer to the WWI era was the little airship fighter made by Port Victoria, the P.V.8 Kitten. 389 pound dry..

portvictoria_pv-8.jpg