dsawan

Panzer Corps-having fun

Like this little gem from matrix games. So far, started my 1st campaign and at Stalingrad. here are my 2 fav units with heroes and history

post-2035-0-69388700-1315574854.jpg

post-2035-0-94067200-1315574871.jpg

post-2035-0-18671300-1315574890.jpg

post-2035-0-61345800-1315574912.jpg

Is it a bit Steel Panther-ish?

I do play Win Steel Panthers WW2 and MBT sometimes,

when I am reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllly bored!

A nice slow paced game type.

Iwan

Hi, its really like the orig panzer general but turn-based with animations. the unit graphics are improved but nothing like steel panthers series. It is moddable too and has a scenario editor, something sorely lacking in the orig. from years ago.

It's a good Panzer General remake...more missions and a larger campaign would have been nice, though

Gocad, there is word that they are making upcoming expansions to this so hold tight. i think even a North Afrika exp is in the works. Also, the modders are at work as well. But i am waiting for the official expansions first.

@dsawan

I think, that you'll see firstly the North Afrika campaign from the modders than from devs.

Probably, the devs expansion, won't be just a campaign with new units.

I bet they will add more things, and this will take longer.

@Gocad

You've already several campaign mods:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26902

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27036

true, von paulaus. But I am in no rush. With RO 2 coming out and men of war vietnam, I have my hands full. This cuts into my thirdwire time too. So all this waiting will be worth it in the long run. :clapping:

Looking forward to those DLCs, I just wished Siltherine had not attached the 1.04 patch to each of them, as the download from their source was pretty slow and I already had installed that update...

kool, thx for mentioning. Ilike the secret weps luftwaffe mod.

Actually, I am kind of fond of all you guys driving targets around for my fellow fast-movers. Good training for beginning situational awareness since none of the targets go anywhere fast and use about the same amount of gas..............

I wish they would do a remake of Steel Panthers. Matrix told me they were going to remake SP but that was at least five years ago so guess they decided not to in the end.

I wish they would do a remake of Steel Panthers. Matrix told me they were going to remake SP but that was at least five years ago so guess they decided not to in the end.

Try this site. Both freeware and payware versions

http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm

Edited by hgbn

Don't worry, Steel Panther will come sooner or later.

I see the game so many times mentioned in several sections of either forums (Slitherine and Matrix) that they already know that there's a certain demand for a SP revamp.

In the last press event, the only old franchise that they mentioned was Close Combat which will be revamped after the release of the next title.

Nonetheless there are some new games announced for this year, specially for Panzer Corps:

New titles announced by Director of Development Iain McNeil:

Legends of War - More to come soon!

Pandora: First Contact - Q4 2012: A 4x strategy game

Sovereignty - Q3 2012: Region-based grand-campaign strategy game.

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue - More to come soon!

Field of Glory: Unity Update - Will be free for original owners, Q3 2012

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog -Last Close Combat game using current engine, aiming for Q4 2012

Commander: The Great War - More to come tomorrow!

Panzer Corps: Afrika Corps - Q2012 - More to come soon! Q3 Panzer Corps will come to the Mac, Q4 will have Allied Pack

Battle Academy: Android version - Q4 2012

Conquest! for iOS/Android - May release, waiting for Apple approval, marketed as a lite wargame

Great Battles Medieval: iPad version - Coming Q2 2012

Field of Glory: Tablet versions - Q4 2012 after Unity update

Field of Glory digital book version - Coming soon! Beta version will be viewed by press

Panzer Corps on iPad - Q3 2012

And take a look at some game previews from Armchair General:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/game-previews-from-slitherine-matrix-press-days-2012-an-acg-report.htm

Try this site. Both freeware and payware versions

http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm

Yes, already have both of those (freeware, not payware) and even have original SP installed and running via dosbox. Really needs a graphics overhaul though.

Edited by PinkPanther