Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Nuclear disaster close call

We hear very little about this otherwise noticeable incident down here, in the second-most using nuclear power in the world. I would be much more confident about foreign medias reports, not submitted to the nuclear lobby neither influenced by the oncoming elections.

*reads the thread* :blink: *reads the article* :blink: *reads the french news* :blink: *thinks on the incident and what the site of Marcoule is* :blink: *takes another look at the thread* :blink: *searches for anything to say without sounding condescending or offensive* :dntknw:

Oh yes, I've got it ! :idea:

No comment !

Seriously guys, overreact much ?

I mean, sure, nuclear security in France is not perfect (as everywhere else) but we've had far closer calls with much less publicity and you worry about that ?

Edited by Gunrunner

I didn´t mean to say it was Fukushima or Chernobyl, but a man died, and the fact is that while it is not worth of panick, it is worth of concern. France put a hard bet on nuclear power, and in Spain we get what our eolic, solar and conventional thermal plants can´t produce from your nuclear plants.

I didn´t mean that France should stop it, and in fact, i advocate for nuclear to be the way until we (read eurpoe, the western world or the mankind) can get all our energy from renewable sources. However, any incident involving nuclear waste and people being killed is worth talking about.

It was a waste furnace that blew up and killed a guy. It had nothing to do with anything nuclear except that the place happened to be a nuclear reprocessing facility.

naaa... nothing to scream the sky is falling run to the hills about...

how many miners gets killed down low in the dark yearly? Atom is quite safe solution

Atom is quite safe solution

Its so safe, that no insurance company will give you an insurance coverage for it. :grin: