My Swedish pals, I need a help here. Just installed the Sweden terrain found here http://combatace.com/files/file/12309-sweden/ , did all the readme install procedures but when I start the game the terrain don´t launch. Only the GermanyCE/IsraelME found. My install followed correctly all the SFP2 (WOE2/WOI2) tricks.

I even pointed the correct terrain on sweden.INI to the GermanyCE. What went wrong? Could anyone post here the correct sweden.INI/sweden_data.INI? Those in the original file don´t work as I said. Thanks advancing!!!

My Swedish pals, I need a help here. Just installed the Sweden terrain found here http://combatace.com/files/file/12309-sweden/ , did all the readme install procedures but when I start the game the terrain don´t launch. Only the GermanyCE/IsraelME found. My install followed correctly all the SFP2 (WOE2/WOI2) tricks.

I even pointed the correct terrain on sweden.INI to the GermanyCE. What went wrong? Could anyone post here the correct sweden.INI/sweden_data.INI? Those in the original file don´t work as I said. Thanks advancing!!!

And you are sure its in the mod folder? Terrains/Sweden?

So far, I have not heard anybody having any issues with the terrain. It should work right out of the box. Have you tried downloading Operation Isbjörn and seeing if that works?

1.2 will be released when both Paul and Samurai are done with their respective tasks :)

So, "When its done", because I am aim it to be the final release.

Almost here ...... slooooooooowly uploading.

pending for approval :heat:

Edited by paulopanz

And you are sure its in the mod folder? Terrains/Sweden?

So far, I have not heard anybody having any issues with the terrain. It should work right out of the box. Have you tried downloading Operation Isbjörn and seeing if that works?

Shame on me!! I followed the SFP1 folder pattern and wrote ¨Terrain¨ instead ¨Terrains¨!!! My bad... Everything´s working now. Thanks buddies!

Will the Yak-9 be featured in v1.2?

... I'ld have a Pasko's Yak-9 festival just done.:yikes:

If Yak-9 will be in next version, then we have a plane that can be shot down with Messerschmitt relatively easilylol.gif

Migs are a bit too fast but it is possible with a right tactics, i have shot down 3 Migs now

But there is also a bit fixing with that Avia model, cause it is a bit too lightweight and maybe too movable

Will the Yak-9 be featured in v1.2?

No, as far as I can tell, there was no countries involved (Soviet, Poland) who used them. Aside from training squadrons, they where retired by 1950. There is however another enemy World War Two relic flying for the Soviet Union in 1.2

Most, if not all, SAAB aircrafts has its own name like Draken, Gripen and so on. But what a hell is the J-21R name? :dntknw:

Thanks Wrench, but there´s no mention of the plane´s name there. :salute:

How about the Mustang as a player in a 1940s/50s campaign?

I remembered seeing some Airfix box art when I was younger (the Mosquito pics set me off actually!), a quick Google search, and this was on Wiki:

Sweden's Flygvapnet first recuperated four of the P-51s (two P-51Bs and two early P-51Ds) that had been diverted to Sweden during missions over Europe. In February 1945, Sweden purchased 50 P-51Ds designated J 26, which were delivered by American pilots in April and assigned to the F 16 wing at Uppsala as interceptors. In early 1946, the F 4 wing at Östersund was equipped with a second batch of 90 P-51Ds. A final batch of 21 Mustangs was purchased in 1948. In all, 161 J 26s served in the Swedish Air Force during the late 1940s. About a dozen were modified for photo reconnaissance and re-designated S 26. A few of these aircraft participated in the top secret Swedish mapping of new Soviet military installations at the Baltic coast in 1946-47 (Operation Falun), an endeavour that entailed many intentional violations of Soviet airspace. However, the Mustang could outdive any Soviet fighter of that era, so no S 26s were lost in these missions. The J 26s were replaced by De Havilland Vampires around 1950. The S 26s were replaced by S 29Cs in the early 1950s

Would you need norwegian Thunderflashes ? I have those for '56 done, and I'll be doing those for '62/'68 later on.

They'd have little reason to be there, but hey, who knows...

Allen: If I ever get a decent J-21 (That is not A-team, I am on principle not a very fan of having to look for things all over, hence my dedication to package releases), I suspect I might do a 1948 campaign or something. If so, the Mustang and Mosq is a obvious choice and it would be alot of fun. However, It would then be very, very far into the future at any rate.

Gunrunner: no, the campaign already have two recon squadrons. The norwegians are a minority here, but the political plot does not "allow" them to deploy more.

They'd have little reason to be there, but hey, who knows...

Failure for Sweden and Finland would mean that Norway would get a very long border with the Soviet Union - one that would be completly undefendable. They got every reason.

Thanks Wrench, but there´s no mention of the plane´s name there. :salute:

The J-21 did not have any. Unofficially, it was nicknamed "Tvestjärten".

Edited by JonathanRL

A "new" bird for You, Jon, before Venom in F1 service

post-5138-0-46054600-1319751372.jpgpost-5138-0-58239500-1319751390.jpg

This Mosquito NF.XIX aka J-30 it's a Viking conversion of Wrench's NF.12

Good for an early campaign with J-26

:grin:

Here's a very early render of the Riga class frigate I'm working on. This was a very common type in the 60s, especially in the Baltic region. Finland even bought a couple of them, as I recall.

gallery_33721_313_30848.jpg

Sorry it's taking so long. There's still detail I need to add, and I think I'll try making a damaged and/or destroyed model for this ship. Their primary purpose is to get sunk by fighter pilots, after all.

Here's a very early render of the Riga class frigate I'm working on. This was a very common type in the 60s, especially in the Baltic region. Finland even bought a couple of them, as I recall.

Sorry it's taking so long. There's still detail I need to add, and I think I'll try making a damaged and/or destroyed model for this ship. Their primary purpose is to get sunk by fighter pilots, after all.

Fine! They were quite common around the world and could be a very good addiction!

............................ for the Baltic Sea maybe a Spica could be interesting!:grin:

BTW I lke very much your shipjard works, young Samurai!

:drinks:

Dont worry. Due to reasons of Battlefield 3, I got all the waiting time I can endure ;-)

And yes, its looks terrific!

Edited by JonathanRL

As someone would like to fly the VVS (see the campaign realise thread) I think it could be done in a snap and I can do it for You Jon if You like.:good:

Flying for the VVS would hardly be fun - seeing how you actually have an advantage, but go right ahead. Drop a PM if you want the latest files. Everythings done, save for the Riga.

Is Version 1.2 going to include more AAA?

Overall I have been enjoying this campaign a lot. It's difficult, I think I've been shot down three or four times in this one campaign I have going now.

Eagerly anticipating Version 1.2 and the 1960s campaign

@Viggen:

Long answer:

I have been tweaking that one. Friendly AA is more active now, but enemy AA is a trifle unsteady. When you are engaging the ships, you will encounter a barrage of it, but for the land based targets, most are defended by one or two guns (And SEAD is very much active...). I would expect the Soviets not to think their foes would strike so much as you get to do onto their soil, and just attribute it to lazyness and wishful thinking on the Soviets part ;-)

Short answer: I am doing my best. I will hope I have done better :D

Oh, and if anybody else then paul wishes to Beta test the thing, feel free to drop me a line. However - I do expect you to come up with a list of things you think I have done right, wrong or other notes. Beta testing is not "Demo" for me, its what it says :)

Edited by JonathanRL

So we can fly Mig-21 for Finnish cool, will the Soviet be playable too?

There are some great high resolution mig-21 cockpit repaints available you might ask if they can be included too. They might be in the SF1 section but I'm using them in SF2 Vietnam

So we can fly Mig-21 for Finnish cool, will the Soviet be playable too?

I will endeavour to include the MiG-21 for the Finns, but no, no Soviet Side from my part. This is in part in keeping with the Thirdwire tradition of Blue Side only, but also because a Campaign for Soviet would have to be adjusted to be fun. As it is right now, the Soviets with the players help would win rather quickly, and balancing it all would ruin the realisim of the Soviet Advance.

I will endeavour to include the MiG-21 for the Finns, but no, no Soviet Side from my part. This is in part in keeping with the Thirdwire tradition of Blue Side only, but also because a Campaign for Soviet would have to be adjusted to be fun. As it is right now, the Soviets with the players help would win rather quickly, and balancing it all would ruin the realisim of the Soviet Advance.

That's ok, makes sense.

These are the awesome cockpits for the migs - see the files uploaded by comrad:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12259-mig-21pfm-cockpit-newrar/

http://combatace.com/files/file/12052-mig-21um-cockpit-retexturedrar/

http://combatace.com/files/file/12338-mig-21mf-cockpit-fotoreal-new/

and new gunsight for the above: http://combatace.com/files/file/12356-gunsight-for-mig-21-mf/