Sign in to follow this  

Tried to play some P40 missions into PearlHarbor....

The Bouncing on take off is a stupid joke. Not sure they've ever flown a taildragger much less a P40. I've got time in similar aircraft, and the Pfactor that's produced by these powerful single engine aircraft is very well modeled, but the bouncing has gotta go. You simply can't drive a 8k#+ aircraft down the grass strip. WTH?

There are things called STRUTS that absorb shock....when filled with air, then they act like this sim, but when the proper mix of fluid and air are introduced, then they act much more realistically.

Fates

Thank God I'm not the only one having this issue, it's like the damn tires are filled with helium or something...

Yeah, it took me a while before I could take off too. The P-40 also stalls really easily, you really gotta learn to coax it, though it's not too bad once you do.

I keep having a problem with bouncing on landing, especially with the Corsair and Hellcat. I'm probably just coming in too fast, but I always bounce with the hook still caught. Needless to say, it slams me into the deck every time. Pretty impressive though.

I figured I'g get used to the aircraft....since I'm not a IL2 flyer, and my first impressions are not too bad, but the BOUNCYness is really irratating.

Also, I would like to see Left-Right differential wheel braking.

Funny thing is.....

The P40 bounciness is more predominantly at low speed.... Once you get the aircraft moving, and the tail off the ground, the rudder seems to work well, and the aircraft perform much more normal.

The problem I have with this is: At lower taxi/takeoff speeds, the aircraft is heavier on the ground and should be much easier to control. The light controls, and bounciness should be a little more predominant once the aircraft lightens up. Not nearly as bouncy as what the sim produces, but more noe the less.

<C>

Fates

I find that some aircraft, and especially the P40, is insane in it's bouncyness. Have also done a few frontflips (until I found out that mapping a key for chocks = nice thing to to), and quite a few wingtip-strikes with the following crash. Haven't found this sort of behaviour in any of the other aircraft I've tried so far, although some are harder to get off the ground than others.

The P40 is by far the worst, though. Having to fight it all the way down the runway doesn't seem like right.

Also, I would like to see Left-Right differential wheel braking.

Differential braking is modelled. If you use rudder and press the brake key it apply's brakes to the side you have the rudder turned. Common on Russian aircraft apparently.

You can get the tail up at 30mph in the P40. I recommend this, as it stops the bouncing.

.....and to think that all I worry about is getting into a scrap against 3 planes while my squadmates hussle to bail me out.

Trashman!

Long time....

Hope you enjoying the game.....I'm still a little done wth it.. I'll take my hightech avionics packages in highspeed jets any time.

<C>

Fates

You can get the tail up at 30mph in the P40.  I recommend this, as it stops the bouncing.

Tried it, and on the third try I managed not to faceplant/Frontflip (try one), let the tail drop hard back to the ground which provoked a rather fun groundroll (try two).

The landing? Well.....let's just say that I had a little arguement with Zeke, and that I got my assets put down (in a fireball, I might add...) :grin: I even managed to miss a hangar on my way down, but I think I made a few dents in some aircrafts that was parked at the airport I argued with Zeke over.....

Edited by ShadowXP