Sign in to follow this  
pyro

SF2V expansion graphic problem

Hello everyone, can someone help?

Recently upgraded the PC, and reinstalled my stock SF2/E/I/V + Exp 1 and 2 merged install. Everything good. Installed the excellent WFI (which was cloned from stock SF2 Europe.exe), everything good. Installed the also excellent SF2V expansion, and I get large black squares over the terrain. Below is an example. Anyone any ideas? Something to do with 3D settings in NVIDIA control panel? Thanks in advance.

Win 7 Home Premium, 64-bit,

Intel i-7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz, 8 GB RAM,

GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB Driver version 280.26

pyro:

I would review your installation steps for starters, because that isn't the VietnamSEA terrain from the Expansion Pack. It looks like the stock SF2V terrain -- with some tiles missing.

Eric Howes

As eric said that isn't the expansion vietnam terrain. You are either missing terrain tiles in either .bmp or .tga formats. Or your are using the incorrect vietnamsea_data.ini, or possibly both.

Check part 2 of the vietnamsea expansion pack, and compare it to the vietnamsea terrain folder in your mod folder. Everything you need for the terrains to work is in part 2.

Finally there has been a few updates to that expansion pack, check these too as the terrains were updated.

If I can be of any further help just pm me.

Cheers

Ok thanks for pointing me in the right direction. For some reason not all of the files in the terrain folders (in part 2) had copied across to the appropriate new mod folder, resulting in the missing textures/objects.

Sometimes, it's the obvious things......

I'm off 'downtown' (with appropriate ordinance of course). Thanks for the help.