Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Fun with a Parachute

It used to be loose a plane use the parachute . The Chute has evolved into a Para Glider as I recently found out. Great fun

gallery_50835_352_810457.jpg

Did you try it out yourself, Carrick? I'd love to!

:drinks: Yes Sir, Thats me in the blue sweat shirt. I have other pics but all are to large to post. ( if anyone knows how to resize them from the DVD format please tell me) They have to fly along the cliffs of a beach to get the Lift to fly. The only sound was a rush of air. We made 300 -500 ft of height at 10 miles an hour ( that was the wind speed from the ocean) Really smooth except when doing a corkscrew U drop like a fast elevator ( ur lunch wont like it) Landing was super cool a turn into the wind looseing height as ur feet touch the ground stand up and turn right collapsing the Chute. :salute::drinks::good::grin: Post Cript. On the down side, U have to put in 20-40 hours flight time to get licensed to fly alone although I am told part time will be with a radio and by oneself. Edited by carrick58

Oh, one day I hope I'll get to do it - should be a great feeling.

If ya meet me there ( La Jolla, Ca.) I will Treat. Just ask for the Glider port by Blacks Beach and say when. P.S. I wonder if they do this kinda thing in England. The Cliffs of Dover might be Great. :salute:

Here in Germany I'd have to go to the midland, where it begins to get hilly.

Should be able to contact a Glider Club and ask about Paragliding. Germany was famous for Gliders

Good for you Carrick! Ultralights are a blast as well and you should only need about 8 to 10 hours of twin stick time before you are ready to go.

I made a backpack engine powered parasailer or PPS for Flying Model Simulator, it was interesting getting the physics of the airfoil and 'fuselge/engine' worked out for that in the FM.

Good for you Carrick! Ultralights are a blast as well and you should only need about 8 to 10 hours of twin stick time before you are ready to go.

Hey Lou I never thought about an Ultra Light They do fly those things close to here. I will check it out. Thanks :salute:

Lewie: I wish I had ur know how. The flight Model does sound interesting :good: