Sign in to follow this  
Olham

One Reason for Campaign Pilot Problems found

Perhaps it has been discovered before, but better twice than never.

Today I did 6 or 7 test flights with changes on a new skin.

I used the Campaign pilot who would later use the skin, but I started "Quick Combat" free flights.

My "Workshops" settings are so, that only campaign missions should be logged.

I checked that after some flights, and correctly the pilot's log still only showed

the Campaign flights I had made yesterday.

But when I tried to make a Campaign flight with the new skin, I got an error message,

saying that there was a wrong entry in this file:

_missions.xml

The file is to be found here (for Win 7 users):

[your computer's name] > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields > missions

So I checked that file closely, and found, that the date had advanced (through the test flights),

and that Jasta 14 had meanwhile transfered to another field.

After changing the date back to what I saw in the pilot's log; and after changing the name of the airfield

back to "Marchais", where I should be, everything worked again.

So, to prevent any such messing up: never fly test flights or "Quick Combats" with your Campaign pilot.

Best is to create a test pilot for such things.

We haven't detected any error there before there Olham, there could possibly be something happening because your squad moved but WM would know more than I if that could cause a problem or not.. but maybe you edited a pilot or something and later things screwed up?

The date always should advance, the war carries on even if you are poodling around in QC ;)

I keep campaign pilots and QC pilots seperate

(I even have test pilots for my skin checking...how sad is that?)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Pol, the problem may have occured because of the transfer, as now there was a different field

written into _mission.xml, than there was in the Pilot's Log file.

I guess your method is the safe way, Widow.

Yes maybe due to the transfer but I have seen transfers in QC many times in testing and never had that issue, maybe it's very specific - certain squad/field/date something...

Ah, I see. It was a Jasta 14 transfer from "Marchais" to a field near Verdun (which I forgot the name of).

The error message said something of a sign, that didn't match (or similar - should have noted it).

I only wrote this post to help people to prevent from something like that to happen.

Most of them wouldn't know how to get it right again, and would lose all their pilots in a reset.

Time always advances even though your test flights are not logged...

HTH

WM

Like Widowmaker I have my campaign pilots (who fly nothing but), two QC pilots (one for each side for assorted testing of planes/skins), and everyones favorite hero - Lt. Graphics Test.

The stalwart flyer in my camp who serves in this capacity is Captain Art Chequer, (or Hauptmann Kunstwerk Testman if I happen to be on the Hun side of the mud).

:grin:

Thank god I'm not alone!

(I was gonna check myself into therapy) :rofl:

... or Hauptmann Kunstwerk Testman if I happen to be on the Hun side of the mud).

:lol:

Thank god I'm not alone!

(I was gonna check myself into therapy)

The big advantage of being shizophrenic - you're never alone!

I am actuall no less but 12 pilots, some of them are British! With Dutch roots! Some French.

I can almost even fight myself - or be generous and let myself live until another day!

:rofl:

There's a reason we're all members of the BOC, (and members in very good standing I might add).

There's a reason we're all members of the BOC, (and members in very good standing I might add).

As the more relaxed, if not actually reclining, member of BOC, ( for some reason I've always like the term 'Guild'..) I've found that if my test pilot prangs an airplane and dies in QC testing something, I grant myself the ability to play doG and breathe life back into poor sap.