Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Pre-ordered Ace Combat Assault Horizon Today

Anyone else, Pre-ordered to ensure I get the code for that F-4E. I love these series they are great arcade style games that have great eye candy graphics. Just wish they had an A-4K KAHU Skyhawk.

Edited by MAKO69

The demo came out, and I'm glad I downloaded it, because the answer for me is now a definite "no." I really do not like the close range "assault" system, nor the fact that they've brought the engagement ranges to as close distances as they have. If you're not in "dogfight" mode, it takes a LOT of effort to stay on a bandit's tail and half of your missile shots miss, while your gun is highly inaccurate. Unfortunate, because I really thought this series could be cool in a real-world setting. To me it feels hectic and almost like a rail shooter once in "dogfight" mode and I don't care for that - rail shooters are rail shooters, this is a game about air combat (arcade style or not!). This opinion is my own, and for anyone who enjoyed the demo/game, I hope you have a great time with it - for me, this will not be an addition to my collection.

The demo came out, and I'm glad I downloaded it, because the answer for me is now a definite "no." I really do not like the close range "assault" system, nor the fact that they've brought the engagement ranges to as close distances as they have. If you're not in "dogfight" mode, it takes a LOT of effort to stay on a bandit's tail and half of your missile shots miss, while your gun is highly inaccurate. Unfortunate, because I really thought this series could be cool in a real-world setting. To me it feels hectic and almost like a rail shooter once in "dogfight" mode and I don't care for that - rail shooters are rail shooters, this is a game about air combat (arcade style or not!). This opinion is my own, and for anyone who enjoyed the demo/game, I hope you have a great time with it - for me, this will not be an addition to my collection.

You are not alone. I feel the same way. Total let down.

I pre ordered it it looks awesome get to fly the apache but wonder if they changed the A-10 Gun Sound to the original gun sound it makes

I bought that Hawx thing too...what a waste of money that was!

Just goes to show...graphics alone does not make a game

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I came , I saw , I pass not my cup of tea :tumbleweed:

I thought it looked bad already when they released the first trailer. I also don't understand why they had to go with a boring real-world setting when the established canon is already awesome.

I thought it looked bad already when they released the first trailer. I also don't understand why they had to go with a boring real-world setting when the established canon is already awesome.

They wanted to "give a rebirth to the series". In order to boost sales, they used the extensive increase in explosions, helicopters, and the real world to gain the interest of the average idiot Call of Duty fanboy. All they've done is disappoint Ace Combat fans.

Love the haters. I think its gonna be a great arcade shooter, grab a 12 pack, zero thought and pretty to watch.

I really want to like it because I was a MASSIVE fan of Ace Combat since the days of CAP 22, Ace 2, Distant Thunder (especially) and so on, but the switch to 'real world Earth' as opposed to their alternate one has really stuck in my craw. Plus Ace Combat 6 was a complete bust for me. The acting in that was just so... horribly, horribly, horribly, horribly, horribly, horribly, AWFUL, it was bad enough to overshadow the game for me.

I think the series peaked for me with Ace 4 Distant Thunder and The Belkan War. I hope this one is better, but my instincts say some of you are right in thinking they're trying to appeal to a young, COD playing audience. If so, I'm out.

*EDIT* Is it just US aircraft you can fly (all the lists I've seen so far seem to indicate this) or will European, Russian and other aircraft be flyable as well? I can't see the point to playing it if it's only going to be limited to a narrow selection of aircraft...

Edited by ZmelliFahrdz

I am disappoint. I love fictional stuff, especially the Ace Combat series, and how they have to go ruin it with this. I remember when Call of Duty used to be good too.

I am disappoint. I love fictional stuff, especially the Ace Combat series, and how they have to go ruin it with this. I remember when Call of Duty used to be good too.

Talking of which..Ive just started playing United Offensive online again....I had forgotten how much fun it was

Talking of which..Ive just started playing United Offensive online again....I had forgotten how much fun it was

One of the best of the series.

One of the best of the series.

Absolutely! :drinks:

*EDIT* Is it just US aircraft you can fly (all the lists I've seen so far seem to indicate this) or will European, Russian and other aircraft be flyable as well? I can't see the point to playing it if it's only going to be limited to a narrow selection of aircraft...

There are Russian, European, and Japanese aircraft that will be flyable as well. Even the Su-24.

Picked up Assault Horizon yesterday. Easily the worst Ace Combat ever made. Possibly even worse then HAWX. Don't waste your money.

Copy that! I'll concentrate on looking at Forza 4 instead...

Still waiting on my Forza 4 Preorder to arrive. Sigh.

Well this is good news for Dave. Means I can finish texture mapping the CBU's for him.

Picked it up Tuesday. Just as I thought a great looking arcade shooter. I am satisfied.