Sign in to follow this  
ThePlainsman

Anybody Watching "Star Trek Voyager?"

I've started watching every episode on Netflix. The series is not in hi-def, but it still looks good and is pretty cool. I have the original TV series on DVDs. All three years. The original is my favorite, but I really enjoyed Voyager when it was new. Always liked it better than Next Generation. I just couldn't get into Next Generation. I think it was the casting. I just didn't like the casting or see any chemistry between the characters.

Anyone else watching any of the old ST series?

Only really enjoy TOS, especially the digitally remastered ones (they go a long way towards curing the not so-quaint special effects "cheesiness" of TOS).

I saw practically all of the Voyager series at an assigment I once had, where I worked the overnight shift. My lunch hour coincided with reruns of STV being shown on one of the cable networks, and since I was the only person onsite at that hour, I was free to set the cafeteria TV to whatever channel struck my fancy.

DS9 was my favorite Star Trek for 6 seasons, the last season was rubbish.

With Voyager it was different, there i disliked the first seasons, but when SevenofNine entered the Crew it became a really good show. :drinks:

Having rewatched TOS on bluray and then TNG and DS9, I'm now on season 6 of Voyager. After that I'll watch Enterprise and my odyssey will be complete!

I think it safe to say all the series had shaky first 1 or 2 years, then hit their stride.

Not in TOS my friend, first season is the best, hands down. Screenplay from Harlan Ellison, Theodore Sturgeon and a lot of legendary Science-fiction writers!

Screenplay from Harlan Ellison

you mean Cordwainer Bird??

Guest rscsjsuso5

aside from modding and flying planes in simulators, this topic is very fun and exciting to me . It has come to my understanding that the creators of the star trek series wanted to bring excitement to each series by making each captain having their own distinctive way of leading. on star trek voyager , the success of this series has many factors like diverse cast and also introducing a borg into a life like a human meaning adapting.

after enjoying all the star trek series I highly recommend these two fps games Star Trek: Voyager: Elite Force and Star Trek: Elite Force II , these two games will give you action and interactive approach to the series and in gaming of fps.

We've been watching ST:V as well, catching up on missed eps. Love Netflix streaming, once DS9 hits, it'll be great....

FC

Yes, Wrench. The man wrote The City on the Edge of Forever episode (moddified by Roddenberry, but that's a long story). A lot of Science Fiction writters from the era (and it was THE ERA of Science Fiction writters) made screenplays in first season of TOS. Even Ray Bradbury was invited, but refused....

Since TOS was only 3 years, they peaked sooner. Honestly, though, Where No Man Has Gone Before wasn't a highlight of the show, nor was the Man Trap. I'd say the first half of S1 still had them finding their footing. They figured things out pretty well by the end of the season and you had some great eps like Space Seed and City/Forever. S2 was pure gold, with few missteps...and then came S3. While it still has some classics in there, it has a greater-than-expected share of missteps. It's still worth owning on BD, though.

In fact, TOS is the only ST series I own...and I bought it twice (DVD sets about 10 years ago when they went full season box instead of "2 eps/disc" and now the BD).

I've heard TNG is coming to BD, but as much as I like the show overall, S1 and S2 were pretty weak, so unless it's all 7 years at some awesome price (ie well below $200) I'm passing.