Sign in to follow this  
Guest DigitalAdhesive

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Guest DigitalAdhesive

Anyone got a profile for SF2? I figured I'd google, search, and ask, before stepping into the terrifying waters of scripting my own...

Thanks, all

I just got my Warthog last week and stayed up late on the weekend to develop and debug a profile. It works good for me, but I haven't used it enough to know if I want to rearrange anything. PM me contact info and I will try emailing it to you.

I am using one little trick I developed with my Saitek X-52 Pro: Drop Track/Acquire in sequence on the same button. This allows you to either add or delete a radar lock with only one button assigned. With boresight mode, I find myself needing drop track more, whereas normal search mode I need the Acquire button. This solution is slick :)

I also use a Track IR, which has some influence on my button assignments. I use the default view (F1) key as the same key to re-center the TrackIR view, so I always make sure that is a readily accessible button.

Overall, I mapped nearly every single key to some control on the Warthog, but it is overkill as I almost never use many of those keys.

Guest DigitalAdhesive

I just got my Warthog last week and stayed up late on the weekend to develop and debug a profile. It works good for me, but I haven't used it enough to know if I want to rearrange anything. PM me contact info and I will try emailing it to you.

I am using one little trick I developed with my Saitek X-52 Pro: Drop Track/Acquire in sequence on the same button. This allows you to either add or delete a radar lock with only one button assigned. With boresight mode, I find myself needing drop track more, whereas normal search mode I need the Acquire button. This solution is slick :)

I also use a Track IR, which has some influence on my button assignments. I use the default view (F1) key as the same key to re-center the TrackIR view, so I always make sure that is a readily accessible button.

Overall, I mapped nearly every single key to some control on the Warthog, but it is overkill as I almost never use many of those keys.

Doh - says you can't receive any new PMs for whatever reason.

You can just email it to my junk mail account - don't mind if it's public.

stationtoashes@gmail.com

Thanks!

Another trick in this profile is that the engine start/stop is programmed into the throttle detent off position. When you move the throttle into the off position, the key is pressed. If you move the throttle out of the off position, the key is pressed again. So, since the game always starts with the engine running, you need to start with the throttle out of the off position. Then the engine will stop when you go to off position and start again if you leave the off position.

I tried using the afterburner detent. It does work for the F-4 Phantom, but you can only reach about 67-68% at MIL instead of 70% and it starts at like 73% on the other side of the detent. Other aircraft have the transition from MIL to A/B at their historically correct positions, such as 80% or higher, so rather than edit countless ini files to match the detent, I am not using the A/B detent.

Guest DigitalAdhesive

Thanks for the profile, I can't wait to check it out. In the meantime I tried making my own profile, but SF2 didn't seem to want to acknowledge its existence. I'll see if I have better luck with yours - I'm probably just overlooking something very simple!

Edit: Damn, dude - you know what you're doing when it comes to scripting these things - this is fantastic. Thanks a lot for the profile, it makes flying a dream. I can't imagine going back to any other joystick setup now!

Edited by DigitalAdhesive

I use TARGET to select the profile and start the game. Alternatively, you just run TARGET and select and run the config you want, then start the game. The key is TARGET must be running AND the desired config must be selected and running prior to starting the game. You will know things are going right when you here windows recognizing the new virtual joystick, keyboard, and mouse. Of course, you may also have to select the correct axes in the game prior to flying.