Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer

Aircraft Allocation

Does anyone know if it Is possible to find out whether a squadron might be due a change of aircraft?

I have been flying in 2 Squadron RFC, and reached May 1917. Historically the squadron appear to have received F.K.8s in 1917 and Bristol F.2bs in 1920.

I imagined that, in OFF, they would probably stay with the BE2. Just wondered if there was any file you could check that would give you a clue.

I believe you can go to the step when you enlist a pilot Wayfarer, and when you have the squadron you want hit 'date forward' and with each date, it should give you the corresponding craft.

Edited by Shiloh

Does anyone know if it Is possible to find out whether a squadron might be due a change of aircraft?

I have been flying in 2 Squadron RFC, and reached May 1917. Historically the squadron appear to have received F.K.8s in 1917 and Bristol F.2bs in 1920.

I imagined that, in OFF, they would probably stay with the BE2. Just wondered if there was any file you could check that would give you a clue.

As Shiloh says, the easiest way is to go thru the motions as if you were going to 'enlist' a new pilot - you can snoop around through all nations, all squadrons (fighters and bombers). Once you've chosen a particular squadron, use the left or right buttons about 1/4 way down the right-side menu to step through the war from whenever that squadron established until it (or the war) ended - see who was flying what, from where, and when they changed (planes, airfields, morale). It's all there. When you're done you can just exit out without actually enlisting a new pilot. voila!

Thanks both.

I remembered that there was a list of deployed aircraft at the bottom of the enlistment screen, I'd forgotten that the specific type for a specific time period was displayed further up.

Of course, Wayfarer - if you're in May 1917 and you'd like to get your bum in a Brisfit before 1920(!), you could always apply for a transfer. :cool:

Of course, Wayfarer - if you're in May 1917 and you'd like to get your bum in a Brisfit before 1920(!), you could always apply for a transfer. :cool:

A transfer is, indeed, what I have in mind as I've historically nearly reached the point where the squadron would be flying a two-seater type with a rear observer.