Sign in to follow this  
Tuba2

OT FSX and TrackIR 5

Edited by Tuba2

I broke or woredown and got TrackIR so now there much I have to find out and learn. It isgreat in OFF, CFS3, IL2-1946, and others I have tried but I have a fewquestions I don’t seem to find answers for.

1. Is there a checkbox or Config file I have to set in Flight Simulator X? The program runs OK butit does not recognize that TrackIR is running. (No tracking occurs)

2. If you reducethe TrackIR screen how do you get it back to full screen? When I click on theicon it just gives me the message that TrackIR is already running.

3. How can you turnoff the camera when finished flying. (This relates to Q2 since I cannot clickthe button in the upper left on the screen since there is no screen. I havebeen using Task Manager to stop the TrackIR program and then pulling the USBplug to turn off the camera. :this:

4. If the cameraloses the reflective dots and the two lights turn red is there a way tore-establish contact without leaving the game?

5. How do I permanently change the centering commandkey to something other than f12 since it is difficult to reach in my setup? Ichange it but the next time I start the program it is back to f12.

Many thanks for any answers you can provide.

Jim

Hi Jim

I can hopefully help you with Q1 and Q3

There is no check box in FSX for TR5...it should just work...I would have a look in the settings of fsx..regarding mouse views? (just a guess that one)...it may be that you have a view thats locked...don't forget of course, that trackir only works in virtual cockpit!...not the default 2d one

As to turning off the camera...when my trackir is running after I finish the game...I right click on the icon in my taskbar (bottom left of your monitor screen)..and then hit exit

this turns off the camera.

Hope that helps a little....hopefully someone else can help with your other questions :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

With the V5 software you can set up a profile and define the exact keys you want to use for centering etc in the Track IR program then save it and allocate it to a game - or you can just alter the default profile if everything is using that.

There are a few ways the program will minimise itself - you will see these in the Track IR options.

You should have a propellor icon by the clock in the system tray (not the same as the desktop one) - make sure its not hiding itself by default because you have windows set up this way. If you are minimising TrackIR to the system tray you need to right click on this propellor icon and choose Minimise/Maximise to Tray.

To shut the camera down right click on the icon and select Exit - you shouldn't be pulling out the usb connector or using task manager at all!

If the camera loses the deflective dots - um assuming you are not getting interference from a reflected light source? this has to be handled by the Game. For example Falcon BMS has a key combo to start TIR if you forgot to.

Hi Jim

I can hopefully help you with Q1 and Q3

There is no check box in FSX for TR5...it should just work...I would have a look in the settings of fsx..regarding mouse views? (just a guess that one)...it may be that you have a view thats locked...don't forget of course, that trackir only works in virtual cockpit!...not the default 2d one

As to turning off the camera...when my trackir is running after I finish the game...I right click on the icon in my taskbar (bottom left of your monitor screen)..and then hit exit

this turns off the camera.

Hope that helps a little....hopefully someone else can help with your other questions :drinks:

Thanksfor the rapid reply Widowmaker. I will check that it is starting in the virtualcockpit setting. I have found where Windows was hiding the icon when in the miniature.(Had to click on the "show hidden icons" arrowhead)

With the V5 software you can set up a profile and define the exact keys you want to use for centering etc in the Track IR program then save it and allocate it to a game - or you can just alter the default profile if everything is using that.

There are a few ways the program will minimise itself - you will see these in the Track IR options.

You should have a propellor icon by the clock in the system tray (not the same as the desktop one) - make sure its not hiding itself by default because you have windows set up this way. If you are minimising TrackIR to the system tray you need to right click on this propellor icon and choose Minimise/Maximise to Tray.

To shut the camera down right click on the icon and select Exit - you shouldn't be pulling out the usb connector or using task manager at all!

If the camera loses the deflective dots - um assuming you are not getting interference from a reflected light source? this has to be handled by the Game. For example Falcon BMS has a key combo to start TIR if you forgot to.

Thanksfor the answer MigBuster. I have not tried creating a new profile yet since Ionly received the equipment a few days ago. Perhaps I will give that a try thisevening.

Good new and big thanks for all the support. I reinstalled FSX for the fourth time from DVD 1 & 2 but then flew. I then downloaded the "TrackIR _5_5.1.3Final" update again. Afterreloading the Acceleration Expansion Pack now I have tracking working. :clapping:

:good:

Good new and big thanks for all the support. I reinstalled FSX for the fourth time from DVD 1 & 2 but then flew. I then downloaded the "TrackIR _5_5.1.3Final" update again. Afterreloading the Acceleration Expansion Pack now I have tracking working. :clapping:

:good:

Excellent...glad you're sorted :good: