Sign in to follow this  
Heck

name of nose mesh for f-2h2

Does anyone know what mesh name to use for the area just below the f-2h2s cockpit? Tried various names from the out file, but I'm stumped. Also, does anyone know the x,y position of the letter code on the upper right wing? Thanks, if you can help.

Heck

• Like 1

use the location of the wing lights, come in 1 meter and see where they sit, adjust accordingly fore/aft, left/right (that what I do when its not known)

are the shadow issues fixed?

Are you looking for the mesh name - Below the cockpit inside the nose gear well? Or are you looking for a Decal location on the bottom of the fuselage below the cockpit?

Edited by RAVEN

use the location of the wing lights, come in 1 meter and see where they sit, adjust accordingly fore/aft, left/right (that what I do when its not known)

are the shadow issues fixed?

Thanks, Wrench. I'm a dope. Didn't think of that.

No, the shadows have to be turned off. But the model is so beautiful, I can't fly any other version of the Banjo at this point. The lines of this model are so perfect, I don't care if it has issues.

Are you looking for the mesh name - Below the cockpit inside the nose gear well? Or are you looking for a Decal location on the bottom of the fuselage below the cockpit?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The mesh name for the fuselage side just below the cockpit, not the wheel well. The area of the fuselage side where Razbam has their painted 202 right now. I want to replace their painted on number with a set of white decal aircraft numbers for my personal use. I couldn't post the "new" skin, even if they gave permission, because my "painting" skills are more akin to a kid with crayons than an artist.lol.gif

This works.

[Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=Right

FilenameFormat=BYXtest

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=BYXtest

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

Note: BYXtest .tga Is a location cross that I use to pinpoint decal locations.

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

This works.

[Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=Right

FilenameFormat=BYXtest

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=BYXtest

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

Raven

Thanks, Raven. I'll give it a try.

This works.

[Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=Right

FilenameFormat=BYXtest

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=BYXtest

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

Raven

Super stumped now. Tried using your location information by copying and pasting it into my very simple decal.ini as follows:

Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=Right

FilenameFormat=GENERICSTENCIL2NUMWHITE

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

These are the only two decals called for in the ini. I purposely used TK's GENERICSTENCIL2NUMWHITE decal to make sure I didn't have any decal numbering problems. Also, I've used it with other aircraft in this modded version of the sim, ie; the F9F Panther, and it works just fine on that model in all positions; both sides of the nose, and on the upper right wing. On the Banshee, it doesn't show up, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, since you got your test decal to show up in this position. dntknw.gif

Decal001] <-------- missing the first bracket. [Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=Right

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=0.80

DecalMaxLOD=3

GENERICSTENCIL2NUMWHITE000.tga ??

Try DecalLevel=0

If it don't work try "USNAttackNum" (DecalLevel=2)

I put my test decal in the stock decal folder to save on location entries.

It dident show at first cause I was flying the wrong skin (Oops).

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

Please, if you have repaints, post them here at CA, Dave knows what to do, as long as they do not include core data, there is no problem with them.

Best regards

Prowler

Okay, been fighting with this for two days and I'm at a loss. I forgot to tell everyone that I'm using the Banshee in SF2, and I think that may be the problem. Here's a snapshot of what I have in my Korea mod for two aircraft; the Razbam F-2H2 and the Pasko F9F-5 with skins by Wrench (I think):

In the F-2H2.ini:

[TextureSet001]

Directory=VMF-224

Name=VMF-224

Nation=USMC

Squadron=VMF-224

Specular=0.500000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.100000

DecalNumberRandomize=TRUE

DecalNumberStart=1

DecalNumberEnd=24

In the VMF-224 TextureSet.ini:

[TextureSet]

Name=VMF-224

Nation=USMC

Squadron=VMF-224

Specular=0.500000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.100000

DecalNumberStart=1

DecalNumberEnd=24

In the Decal.ini in the VMF-224 folder:

[Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=Right

FilenameFormat=MarineM

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=1.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal002]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=MarineM

Position=1.10,0.30

Scale=1.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal003]

MeshName=Wing_Right

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=MarineM

Position=5.970,-0.150

Scale=1.75

DecalMaxLOD=3

The MarineM decals are numbered MarineM001.tga-MarineM024.tga and reside in the Objects/Decals folder in my Korea mod folder. These decals show up on my F9F-5 in the same mod, and radomize perfectly. No problems using them on the F9F-5 at all. Here are the same excerpts from the F9F-5, just to compare.

In the F9F-5.ini:

[TextureSet002]

Directory=VMF311

Name=USMC VMF-311

Nation=USMC

Squadron=VMF-311

Specular=0.500000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.200000

DecalNumberStart=1

DecalNumberEnd=24

In the VMF311 TextureSet.ini:

[TextureSet]

Name=USMC VMF-311

Nation=USMC

Squadron=VMF-311

Specular=0.500000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.200000

DecalNumberStart=1

DecalNumberEnd=24

In the Decal.ini in the VMF311 folder:

[Decal013]

MeshName=ROWing

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=MarineM

Position=2.6,-0.25

Scale=1.75

DecalMaxLOD=4

[Decal014]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=MarineM

Position=4.0,0.16

Scale=1.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal015]

MeshName=Nose

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=MarineM

Position=3.8,0.16

Scale=1.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

I tried to get a Level 0 decal to show up in the first two positions on the F-2H2 (the nose positions) as suggested, but they wouldn't show up in the sim. I can't see anything I'm doing wrong, so I suspect it's a combination between SF2, my older NVidia card, and this Banshee model. I don't think they play well together. grin.gif I'm going to continue using the model without numbers, although I'd like to have them, because it's a beautiful model and I refuse to give it up. It's just so damned pretty. If anyone can see an error in what I've done, please let me now, because I can't see one. If anyone can see one, I'd appreciate it. I know the model was designed for SF1, so if there's no solution, that's just the way it is. It's still one of the best models I have in this mod, bar none, numbers or no numbers. Thanks for all your help.

Heck

actualy, randomization works like this:

DecalNumberBlockSize=15

DecalNumberStart=0

DecalNumberEnd=14

remember, the first decal is always ***000.tga

is the decal pathway correct?

Meaning, if using my Panther, you can point directly TO the panther's folder IN the decals folder...

(for the CVW letter,for example:)

FilenameFormat=F9F-5\vmf311\TLet

also, to test decals, use USNFighterNum (for modex) and Insignia for the star

Edited by Wrench

just threw them on, to see. obviously, USMC aircraf would us single/double digit modex. Using the insigina isn't really necessary, but at least 1 level 0 decal MUST be listed in EVERY decal ini to have the nationname show up on the loadout screen

of course, one needs to paint out the bureau number on the tail, and make new decals as well....

Edited by Wrench

just threw them on, to see. obviously, USMC aircraf would us single/double digit modex. Using the insigina isn't really necessary, but at least 1 level 0 decal MUST be listed in EVERY decal ini to have the nationname show up on the loadout screen

of course, one needs to paint out the bureau number on the tail, and make new decals as well....

Wrench, could you post what you have as entries in the decal.ini that you used for this screenshot? Also what you have in the texture.ini? I'd like to try them on my system to see if they work. I'm using SF2 Exp2 as a base for my Korea mod. It's patched to Sept 11. Thanks.

they're not dialed in too much, but this'll get ya started....I just pointing to the VF51 skin set for the panther; prolly best to do a new seperat folder for the Banshee, with appropriatly named decals and such.

You don't need to use a Insignia since they're painted on (but I'll show you a trick) as shown above, on the VMF224 skin

not the full ini...

[Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=F9F-5/vf51/d/nosenum

Position=2.8,0.2

Scale=1.25

DecalMaxLOD=4

[Decal002]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=2.8,0.2

Scale=1.25

DecalMaxLOD=4

[Decal003]

MeshName=Wing_right

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=TOP

Position=3.50,-1.25

Scale=1.8

DecalMaxLOD=4

[Decal004]

MeshName=Wing_Left

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-3.50,-1.25

Scale=2.0

DecalMaxLOD=3

here's what you do for the insignia: (where *** is the last number)

[Decal***]

MeshName=Wing_Left

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-0.0,0.0

Scale=0.0001

DecalMaxLOD=3

didn't do anything to the textureset ini

[TextureSet]

Name=VMF-224

Nation=USMC

Squadron=VMF-224

Specular=0.500000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.100000

don't forget to copy over or make a nuw numbers.lst

Edited by Wrench

Thanks for your help everyone. I've tried all of the suggestions made here. The last thing I tried was to put Level 0 decals at all of the positions recommended by Wrench, using Level 0 decals I knew to be in the cat files because I saw them using the extractor, but even those don't show up. It has to be something about my installation, or system, or both, in combination with this model. When Level 0 decals won't show up in positions that other people use, there has to be some other issue at work, but I don't know what it is. Thanks for trying to help.

then somethings wrong with the decals ini .... if you've got "blank" skins, shoot them to me, and whatever other bits, and I'll see what I can do. Got buttloads of modex number decals (and everyone knows how I hate wasting good decals (after all, Ive done pretty much all the navy/marine skins for KAW)

? You saving the Decal.ini In ANSI or Unicode, Not sure that it matters with the Decal.ini , I know that the other INI's have to be in Unicode for SF2.

Raven

? You saving the Decal.ini In ANSI or Unicode, Not sure that it matters with the Decal.ini , I know that the other INI's have to be in Unicode for SF2.

Raven

All my inis are in Unicode. I thought that might be causing an issue, but it wasn't. Thanks for trying to help, Raven. I'm going to take a few days away from it, and come back at it with a clear mind. I can't see anything wrong within any of the inis within the Banshee folder. The decals and path (essentially there is no path, because the decals reside in the main decals folder) work for another aircraft in the mod. Nation name is correct. I have a correct userlist in the Banshee folder. So, something else is at work that I haven't found yet.

Edited by Heck

don't matter what the encoding is ... SF2 reads both. (if you look at my aircraft/terrain mods, they're all in ANSI)

my offer still stands!

Edited by Wrench

don't matter what the encoding is ... SF2 reads both. (if you look at my aircraft/terrain mods, they're all in ANSI)

my offer still stands!

I don't think passing you my skin would be of any use to you, Wrench. It was just a hack job, a basic cut and paste type of thing to eliminate the painted on numbers for my own personal use. It really couldn't be posted for others to use as it is. If you created your own skin for this plane, that would be well worth it. The decal.ini is just three basic decal locations, modex numbers on the nose and upper wing, so, essentially, you already have everything I have. If you post a skin for the Razbam F-2H2, I'll download it! But I have a sneaking suspicion that it might not work on my system, even if it works on yours.

I just went through the posted entries for your decal glich and It look's like everything is good, except one thing. It's not a Decal.ini

It's a Decals.ini

One missing "S" can give you weeks of (bang head on keyborde) type fun.

And I've done it (More then once) typing my own INI's for aircraft that don't come with one.

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

I just went through the posted entries for your decal glich and It look's like everything is good, except one thing. It's not a Decal.ini

It's a Decals.ini

One missing "S" can give you weeks of (bang head on keyborde) type fun.

And I've done it (More then once) typing my own INI's for aircraft that don't come with one.

Raven

Thank you, Raven. For being persistent enough to finally see my error. The people here are the best. For anyone following this thread, once you get done laughing at my bonehead mistake, go and buy the Razbam Banshee. Whether you're using it in SF1 or SF2 (turn the shadows off), you're getting an incredible model for just $5 bucks. I've been comparing screenshots I took to the photos I have in books and the lines are perfect. I honestly feel that anyone out there not scooping up all the Razbam models they can during this sale is missing out.

Raven, you're the best.

Heck

Too Cool! Glad I could help. I have the A-1's , F2H's and the A-6's, The planes are good looking and the cockpits are cool, The only things I don't like is no decals (painted on look bad on my computer) and I would trade the cockpit control's Animations for more working instruments. I'm waiting for the B-26K or is it the A-26? Well it's one of them.

Raven

Edited by RAVEN