Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Need Some Help...

Ok there is the problem, latest patch, loaded up the update Tornado so Sundowner and I would look it over before we upload it. If you do not mess with the loadouts and just hit FLY. No problems, however if you go to change your loadout then select your wingman to change his, it locks up. Now for the even more weird part, if you just hit fly, exit out the mission, then for some reason you can now change your wingmans loadout without it locking up. The crash log says a the error is in the singlemission.dll. However Ant and I have went through the ini's with a fine tooth comb and still cant seem to figure it out. So we need some ideas......this is the only thing holding up the release of the GR1's....which in turn holds up the GR4's release as well.

I have been having the same problem. I even tried dropping my video resolution & depth, checked all my drivers, etc, to no avail. I'm using W7, but I never thought about checking the crashlog. I make no promises about what I can find that will work, but I will look again now that I have a starting point.

I suspect this is a problem since a patch. In SF2V, I had a random 30% crash that mostly happened when I was altering loadouts. One very strange thing was I found some conflicts in the terrain types list. A couple of the same models had different target types, ie warhouse/powerplant etc. When I was bug hunting this problem I never thought of it as it seemed unrelated. However seemed to reduce my issue with this. Still happens every now and then though.

sounds like a post at 3rd Wire is in order ... and thank the gods I didn't apply that patch!!

sounds like a post at 3rd Wire is in order ... and thank the gods I didn't apply that patch!!

Yep, works fine on pre September patched installs. :dntknw:

Ok there is the problem, latest patch, loaded up the update Tornado so Sundowner and I would look it over before we upload it. If you do not mess with the loadouts and just hit FLY. No problems, however if you go to change your loadout then select your wingman to change his, it locks up. Now for the even more weird part, if you just hit fly, exit out the mission, then for some reason you can now change your wingmans loadout without it locking up. The crash log says a the error is in the singlemission.dll. However Ant and I have went through the ini's with a fine tooth comb and still cant seem to figure it out. So we need some ideas......this is the only thing holding up the release of the GR1's....which in turn holds up the GR4's release as well.

I remember having it with carrier birds and not so much land based aircraft. :dntknw: Though can't wait for an updated GR4 though, they needed some serious overhauling anyways...

Though can't wait for an updated GR4 though, they needed some serious overhauling anyways...

Well if we don't get this problem solved then the GR4 will not see the light of day. We can't release them like that.

I just did that....other than that the Sept patch is fine.

So to be clear, the only issue is changing the wingmens' loadouts, not yours?

I'll try testing that out myself to see if any other 3rd party planes suffer from that for me.

I just did that....other than that the Sept patch is fine.

Fair enough, I've never noticed that issue since I don't fly with wingies that much, or rarely, though I'll check that issue if its a problem with me too.

EDIT: Might be just aircraft specific as I tried that with a wingnut (2 x F Super Hornets) and loaded fine, though it loaded the next loadout, which for a CAS mission would have been fine) but loaded fine with no errors.

Edited by EricJ

So to be clear, the only issue is changing the wingmens' loadouts, not yours?

Correct, as soon as you select your wingman, it locks up.

it is definitely loadout related. I removed all the load out entries and I can select the wingman just fine. Now I need to know where the problem lies..

I narrowed it down to the Sidewinder stations.

Looks like its the station ID group.

Well i figured it out. Too many station ID's. Need to fix that.

What really bugs me is that everything works fine on pre Sept installs, also like Dave said , if you just hit fly, exit out the mission, then refly, now change your wingmans loadout without it locking up,

weird or what????

Just copied my Aug SingleMission.Dll into my Sept install & everything now works fine so summat has definately changed somewhere.

Well i figured it out. Too many station ID's. Need to fix that.

Speaking of loadouts, after the Sept Update the F-105s have split loadout of 1 AIM9 and 1 ECM pod on their outer wing stations. Pre Update it was both with ECM pods.

I haven't extracted the 105s data.ini to see what was done.

Hurc

You'd have to download the CAT Extractor Tool from the Thirdwire site and find the relative _LOADOUT.ini to fix that.

Does anyone have an Aug single mission.dll handy?

Just copied my Aug SingleMission.Dll into my Sept install & everything now works fine so summat has definately changed somewhere.

Same here Sundowner; you beat me to the posting. There's a LOT to be said for back-ups.

I got it, thank you all.

I make a back after I patch each time so I overwrote the previous one.

You bad lucky guys... Mine is fully patched and I don´t have ANY problem while changing wingman loadout. True!!