Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Amanda Knox..Victim?... Or Villian

I don't think she is guilty, I think the fact she is American and the Anti-American sentiment in parts of Europe is why the Italian government pushed it like it has been.

I don't think she is guilty, I think the fact she is American and the Anti-American sentiment in parts of Europe is why the Italian government pushed it like it has been.

Dave that's what she says and that's not good for her and not true at all.

It's correct that in the past some people in Italy like in France, Greece or Spain didn't like USA. They trusted in CCCP, but now CCCP is history and now they mostly love Obama, quite like Gorbacev once upon a time .....:rofl:

I don't know if she's guilty and this is a very difficult trial. The new tecnology don't help much to solve the puzzle.

No problem -trust me- if she's american, italian, black, white or yellow: the real question is to know what ever happened there ...

:drinks:

Paolo

at first I thought she was guilty but the more i read about the prosicutor(who has serious issues) and the really unproffesional way evidence is handled in Italy really made me change my mind. I think now the only reason she is still in jail is to save face for a corupt prosocutor. I forgot his name but aparently hes has had some really interesting legal problems stemming from paid witnesses and such.with as many problems our legal system has i would take it over any other in the world.

oh and for the record I think Amanda Knox is an idiot and prob not a nice person but I really doubt she is a murderer.

Yep, that's insane. Cowardly prosecutor. Really, sad they let arguments like that in a court. Scary stuff.

Okay, so basically what happened? That telegraf short is so poorly written: one reason I don't goto these media sites to learn anything.

:idhitit:

I have gone back and forth on whether I think she is guilty or not guilty. And I really don't know. I do think there isn't enough, or any, evidence to tie her to the crime. So, she is in prison simply because of circumstantial evidence... and I think because she was/is a cute American girl who seems to have a attitude. Europeans view Americans in a very suspicious and elitist manner. So, I think the system is predisposed to finding her guilty.

Having said that, I do feel that the circumstantial evidence points to her and her boyfriend's guilt. It isn't like it is totally unreasonable that they were involved. And her statements after the fact sure seem to paint her in a bad light. But again, there just isn't any real evidence to convict her or her boyfriend. So, what will happen? We shall see, but I still feel the bigoted feelings toward Americans will lead the way to her remaining in jail.

There is not any anti US bigotry in Europe. Imagine saying the opposite about the US. It is not true. Everyone is afraid of facing a court in a foreign country. But saying that is just like if i said that courts in the US are getting Latin Americans, Muslims and Blacks in jail for fun or racism, wich is lees than true. Courts screw up, and you have examples about people getting imprisoned or executed without any decent evidence in both sides of the Atlantic. However, from what i´ve seen, there is no way, absolutely no way, for the news media to be accurate enough when covering a trial. It´s like going to watch an sports event and having the papers of the next day to match what you saw only in the score. Only that sometimes, the media don´t even get the score right about justice issues.

There is not any anti US bigotry in Europe.

I was born and spent about half my life in Europe... and I strongly, emphatically, disagree.

Her conviction was overturned! She is free to go home. I hope they find the real killer. However they did the right thing in over turning the first ruling. Enjoy your freedom Amanda!

Wishing Amanda to enjoy her freedom. And mostly, wishing her to fly away as fast as possible from Italy.

She may be innocent in the eyes of the Law...but I reckon she knows more than she's letting on.

(but hey...I love conspiracy theories!) :grin:

This case shows the failure of the italian justice, (among many other failures)

-Able to put an innocent in jail

-Unable to put in jail known criminals connected with politics and in very high positions :(

This case shows the failure of the italian justice, (among many other failures)

-Able to put an innocent in jail

-Unable to put in jail known criminals connected with politics and in very high positions :(

Hahaha...you only have to look at all the other Countries in the developed world, to spot that going on all the time.

At least they didn't execute her!...that's more than can be said for some places I could mention :good:

Prosecution has its problems in lots of countries, where in the proces a sort of tunnel vision is developend into the direction of conviction. Evidence pointing in other directions is either overlooked or kept out of sight on purpose. The prosecution has to score in oder to keep the average man (i.e. the average voter) in the street satisfied..........:blink:

In this case I don't think Amanda's nationality had anything to do with it..

Houdoe,

Derk

Hahaha...you only have to look at all the other Countries in the developed world, to spot that going on all the time.

At least they didn't execute her!...that's more than can be said for some places I could mention :good:

True. As a matter of fact goes to credit to italian justice that they actually manages to reconsider the wrong initial judgement. Saving things in time. Still 4 years in prison as innocent.. who will pay for that?

and what is worst, is that the corrupt prime minister, is using this case to portray himself as weel as unjustly prosecuted, the pig.

True. As a matter of fact goes to credit to italian justice that they actually manages to reconsider the wrong initial judgement. Saving things in time. Still 4 years in prison as innocent.. who will pay for that?

and what is worst, is that the corrupt prime minister, is using this case to portray himself as weel as unjustly prosecuted, the pig.

I share your pain!...we've had Idiots running our country for nigh on 30 years now!

Same here across the mid Atlantic Coffee Tea Boundary. Just found this...interesting read about Massoud...underlines added.

:

:

In 1997, U.S. State Department's Robin Raphel told Massoud to surrender to the Taliban. She obtained a clear answer with Massoud stating that as long as he controlled an area the size of his hat he would continue to defend it from the Taliban. Robin Raphel eventually became a lobbyist and adviser at Cassidy & Associates.[59] The firm had a $1.2 million contract with the Musharraf military regime of Pakistan....

:

:

~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Shah_Massoud

At last: it seems that justice is done ....

Amanda was condemned only for slander (3 jail year already done). Gabriele was acquited.

When judges can change their minds we could say that the justice should work well.

BTW the main big, terrible issue about italian justice is its sloooow course (even if with some excellent , silly exceptions ....).

And a late justice it's never a justice at all.

:grin:

PS ..... the Amanda's trial it's not finished the next (and -maybe- last) step will be in Rome by the Cassazione Court.:heat: