Sign in to follow this  
Dornil

Nato Fighters problem

Hi all!

I installed the NATO Fighters addon, all the way up to update 5, on SF2:Europe patched to Sep.11.

If I install files from 2_May2011 folder, game CTD's at 90% mission loading. If I don't install those, my cockpit textures are white.

Is there a work around?

Dornil:

Sounds like something went wrong with your install. I would recommend starting from scratch and re-doing it.

Most likely cause is that you dropping files/folders in the wrong places or are dropping them in such away that you're left with improperly nested files/folders.

Eric Howes

I tried reinstalling twice. No success.

Probably it has something to do with ENVIRONMNTSYSTEM.ini because replacing this is causing CTDs. I will try again step by step, to see at what stage (update) exactly it goes wrong...:(

Dornil:

I just tested (again) with that ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.INI -- no problems on my system, and no one else has reported problems with it in the several weeks since it was released.

Please let me know what you find.

Eric Howes

The problem appears to be related with the texture memory. I removed the HR terrain, pur in the older ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.INI, and it helped.

Although I have 1gb of video memory, this is obviously not sufficient. Or, perhaps, I should have updated my video drivers.