Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

WOW this guy built a great model! Star Trek

This is the first of 10 videos he posted during his build. 7 months and I reallt like the final result. As a modeller I can tell you my hat is off to him.

That is some amazing detail. I looked over some of his other videos also. Even after 10 years off from the hobby, he's did really well. I'd like to learn how to rig some of my kits with lights. Nav, formation, etc.

here is his finished product. He did a video of it and said he was going to make one that would be great, and I think he did.

I built that model, it uh...doesn't look that good. :grin:

However, I disagree with his music choices. It's the Enterprise from ST:TMP-ST3, but he uses the them from ST8 aka First Contact (a TNG film) and then he uses the "Enterprise leaves space dock" theme from the NEW ST and not TMP?

This thing would've been a lot better if the theme from the opening credits of TMP was used first, followed by the leaving space dock music from TMP.

I built that model, it uh...doesn't look that good. :grin:

However, I disagree with his music choices. It's the Enterprise from ST:TMP-ST3, but he uses the them from ST8 aka First Contact (a TNG film) and then he uses the "Enterprise leaves space dock" theme from the NEW ST and not TMP?

This thing would've been a lot better if the theme from the opening credits of TMP was used first, followed by the leaving space dock music from TMP.

Umm, I don't know if I should be impressed by your Star Trek musical score knowledge, or laugh. ;)

Great model though.

Storm <--- who does NOT know the difference between the music and what movie/show they actually belong to.

P.S. What is the difference in yellow light/blue light in the main body inlet thing? I noticed it changed with different light configurations.

Edited by ST0RM

That was only in ST:TMP (nerd data alert!)

Robert Wise, the director, wanted the deflector dish to indicate warp speed or not and this guy modeled that.

At sublight speeds (leaving space dock and impulse power) it's "off" and yellow/orange. When it goes to warp, it lights up blue as it's on. The idea behind the deflector is what it sounds like---a force field in the shape of a cone in front of the ship, independent of shields, to deflect anything in space like dust or ice or whatever that at high speed would smash the front of the ship.

You'll notice the warp engines light up blue at the same time because it's "at warp" at that time. This idea was followed faithfully in TMP aside from I think one scene where someone made a mistake and it was either blue when it was supposed to be yellow or vice versa, I forget which.

This idea was then dropped in ST2 (you only see it orange in the footage reused from TMP) and every other film thru ST6 where it was just blue all the time, even if sitting still. Only when the ship was shutdown it would go dark, but the yellow was gone. Too much for them to deal with I guess.

As for the music, I've been a fan of SF and some fantasy film soundtracks for over 30 years, since my uncle bought me the ESB soundtrack in 1980 on LP. I've owned the soundtracks to many of these films since before CDs were available, although others like Alien and Back to the Future I only bought recently with special editions.

That's why my ear picks this stuff up so fast.

My collection:

All 6 Star Wars films

All 11 Star Trek films plus several of the original series episodes

All 4 Indiana Jones films

The first 2 Jurassic Park films

The first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean films

All 3 Lord of the Rings

Back to the Future

Alien

Aliens

Armageddon

Godzilla

X Files

Fantasia

Superman

E.T.

Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

Stargate

Dune

Hunt For Red October

Battlestar Galactica (new series) all seasons

Some others I can't recall right now...

JM, about the Godzilla soundtrack... is it the original movie or the crappy tristar movie?

Falcon

The 1998 one. I got it just for the Foo Fighters song and some others. There are only 2 songs from the "score" itself.

The 1998 one. I got it just for the Foo Fighters song and some others. There are only 2 songs from the "score" itself.

Bummer. Was hoping you got the original one so I could ask you to rip the theme for me. No prob, I'l use E-Mule to get it.

Falcon