Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

CFS3 Ubisoft DVD version

Well reading the P4 thread got me making my quarterly Google search for the CFS3 Ubisoft DVD version so I can stop goofing with the CD discs as, everyone knows, the CFS3.exe in the DVD version does not require the disc to be in your machine.

And again I apparently have come up nil for anything current stateside anyway.

Anyone know of a North American vendor/store/online business that has it for sale?

In the UK you can still get it (at least the top one looks like DVD).

http://www.amazon.co...tor+3&x=18&y=16

I wonder wether OBD are prepared for the time, when CFS3 might not be available anymore?

Edited by Olham

Thanks Olham for the thought but, unless my old eyes are playing tricks, the upper left of the box art says "PC-CD".

And, oddly, Amazon UK does not ship PC games to North America.

Thanks Olham for the link but they all appear to be the CD version.

Boy, this is like a search for the Holy Grail.

Yes, it's extremely difficult to find the DVD version. I spent years tracking it down, until finally I saw a couple of brand new DVD copies of CFS3 beind sold at Amazon.co.uk. It was about a year ago. I bought one and have preserved it for future use, if my CFS3 CDs happen to break down one day. I haven't seen them being offered since then, and I've been keeping an eye on the situation. Now I worry I should have bought two, just to be sure.

Toeing on the line and hoping not to be banned I will ask the question.

The Devs have said in the past that "the file that shall not be mentioned" causes problems for OFF.

Has anyone found that to be the case? If they have experimented with it that is!

You can try to make an image of your CD in your HD. And then mount it with Daemon Tools lite.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite

It's worthy a try. And I think it's legal, as long you've the original.

@Hasse Wind

In some countries it's legal to have a backup copy of the original.

You can make a copy of the DVD into a DVD+R DL. The original doesn't have any copy protection to surpass.

And it will works. I never installed from my original.

I have used the unmentionable from day one here and with every game I have purchased. Never had an issue with any of them.

Here's two facts

1) 'mounting' a virtual CD won't work. The copy protection code reads its decryption keys from an out of bounds location on the original CD which can only be done with a real physical CD.

2) the exe file that is installed by the UBISoft DVD *is* the 'unmentionable' file, right down to the hacker's signature.

2) the exe file that is installed by the UBISoft DVD *is* the 'unmentionable' file, right down to the hacker's signature.

Well, that about says it all really!

YES I USE NO CD CRACKS... AND THEY WORK :lol:

(and the games I own are legal)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Nice guys those hackers.

This is not the first time that the industry, uses the hard work of those hackers.

At least they could have bother to alter the signature. But no, that would consume them to many resources.

Well, that about says it all really!

YES I USE NO CD CRACKS... AND THEY WORK :lol:

(and the games I own are legal)

Ditto here.

Well, good enough for UBI then I guess its good enough for me....hehe

Here's two facts

1) 'mounting' a virtual CD won't work. The copy protection code reads its decryption keys from an out of bounds location on the original CD which can only be done with a real physical CD.

There is actualy a workaround - I run my copy of cfs3 from a virtual drive.

thanks you guys....this has been the dumbest elephant in the corner arrangement for God knows how many years.....I KNOW my old CFS3 disk is going to crumble LONG before I lose interest in OFF and that this issue will arise....had the same experience looking for the DVD Grail....thank you for speaking up!!!