Sign in to follow this  
hurc

SF2V Airbase Rebuild Mod 1.1.zip

SF2V Airbase Rebuild Mod 1.1.zip

HURC'S SF2V AIRFIELD REBUILD MOD 1.1

This mod is was inspired by "Piecemeals Airfield mod to complement Stary's Green Hell3 mod for SF2V". Thanks Piecemeal, Stary and all you other crazy modders! Thanks TK!

I basically rebuilt the airfields on both sides with new objects and layouts. I wanted to make them so that you will not find allied equipment on an enemy airfield, or at least not enough to notice. I didn't think you should see USAF type revetments on a Russian designed and Chinese built airfield such as those in North Vietnam. Many of the same terrain objects that Piecemeal used are still included and along with new ones that were not yet created at the time of his mods release.

Good Hunting!

Steve "Hurc" Crane

Looks awesome! Adds life to the "deserted" stock airbases. Thanks.

It is will be work in SF1 ?

It is will be work in SF1 ?

I just gave it a try in WOV and couldn't get it to work, so as is its not compatable. Sorry.

Nice iniative :D being ignornant here :

- are the 747s, Hercs, Hueys part of this package ?

- installing this over the Piecemeals package or its either that or this ?

Nice iniative :D being ignornant here :

- are the 747s, Hercs, Hueys part of this package ?

- installing this over the Piecemeals package or its either that or this ?

I included the 747 (wont show up till 1970 though), Huey and Sea King static A/C in the package. I named them slightly different in the types.ini than they were originally.

I realized after the fact that Piecemeals' mod had also included a few other things such as new clouds, etc. and those are not in my mod. Most of his ground objects are. I will edit the readme for the future to be more clear. So you can install "over" a existing Piecemeal Mod ok, as long as you say "Yes" to overwriting an existing file. Note however our main targets.ini and types.ini are different and some things from his mod may not show up in game due to those differences. Make a BACKUP just in case before you try.

hurc

p.s. I have managed to merge the new bases into my install of SF2V Air and Ground War Expansion and will make those ini files available once they pass further testing.

Edited by hurc

Please hurc, what is the name of these objects on the ground??

ok5a.jpg

those are part of the Chinook's lod; offloaded cargo

also, a lot of the airfield objects rcently released (iirc, sundowners), the lods are unicode and 'invixible' to 1stGens.

Edited by Wrench

those are part of the Chinook's lod; offloaded cargo

also, a lot of the airfield objects rcently released (iirc, sundowners), the lods are unicode and 'invixible' to 1stGens.

Thank you infinitely!!! :salute: