Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

OT--Upload failed...

For the last two weeks, I have not been able to upload an attachment to Forum topics. Would anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Some kinds of files, like .exe, .doc, and .xml files cannot be uploaded as is to the forum. Try putting them in a zip file and uploading that.

The other possibility is that your uploading quota has been reached. Try deleting some old attachments and try again.

If that doesn't work Hauksbee you can use a third-party source like imageshack.us to upload images.

The other possibility is that your uploading quota has been reached. Try deleting some old attachments and try again.

I think this is the problem since I'm only trying to upload .jpg files (and one .avi video clip) I went back to the last thread in which I uploaded pictures. I opened it, chose 'Full Editor' so I could see the attachment, highlighted it, and tried the 'Delete' key. 'Didn't work. Tried right-clicking on it but there was no 'Delete' in the menu box that appeared. Is there a third way?

I think Prop means in your forum settings...it's in there, you will probably find you have reached your limit of attachments...and need to clear some

Hauksbee, click on your name bar in the top right forum corner, then on "My settings",

and there at the left on "Manage attachments".

You'll be able to go through the pages with the attachments, and delete per choice.

Edited by Olham

It seems like that will probably do the trick so I'm going to temporarily hijack this thread. I have not had any success posting YouTube videos that play inside the thread and for the life of me can't fire out why. Any suggestions on what to try?

Hauksbee, click on your name bar in the top right forum corner, then on "My settings", and there at the left on "Manage attachments".

That did it! Thanks, all.

Shiloh, I usually copy the address line from the top frame, and paste it into the post.

Sometimes I get a YouTube video with the clickable arrow;

but sometimes I only get the written (and clickable) address line.

Why that is different, I don't know yet.

In the reply box find the little icon that looks like multiple images stacked on one another, mousing over it shows "insert media".

Paste the URL from Youtube into the box and click "Insert Media". The reply box will show something that looks like this. (Edited so it shows up)

[/media]

[/media]

Sometimes you might copy more than just the URL and video code which might not work but I know the above does and produces something that looks like this:

Thanks Olham and Erik - it worked. I believe I have tried this in the past and it has only provided me with the link as Olham mentioned it sometimes does. It works now so I'm going to go with it. It didn't work however when I went to 'share', 'link to this video' but did work when I copied from the top address line.

Thanks guys! :good:

Edited by Shiloh