Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

For all warpers who avoid lone wolf missions

maybe everybody knows already, but i found an easy solution to avoid to be sent all over the western front on lone wolf missions, but nonetheless beeing able to warp.

usually i avoided lone wolf missions because of the glitch, but now i started a very early british two seater career and i didn't want to fly always in formations for recon jobs etc. so i installed the bletchleys mission-mod. i found out that only the three or four circles to form up and gain height above your airfield is broken. that is what sends you all over the place. probably a typo in a comma or something.

so what i do is take off, and skip those first three or four waypoints with shift+w and fly or warp directly to the intended area. then it is like every other sortie with waypoints as in formations.

no more strange flying around in flanders :salute:

Edited by Creaghorn

Strange flying he says... whats strange is a Sopwith Strutter going to Warp speed...

Good find there Herr Creaghorn...

• Like 1

Absolutely right, Creaghorn - if you look at where the mission intends to send you (before you accept it), once you take off and bring up the in-game map (route and waypoints), you'll recognise the mission you previously accepted and can click through the excess waypoints with Shift+W until you get to the route you were expecting to see!

If you get too carried away and click too many times Shift+W, just click Ctrl+W to go backwards to the one you want. :good:

Strange flying he says... whats strange is a Sopwith Strutter going to Warp speed...

Good find there Herr Creaghorn...

yeah. actually you are right. but i'm flying the Be2c at the moment, and that series had warp speed. you didn't know that? :grin:

Aaahh - now that might explain why some guys in two-seaters sometimes look like Borg?

Good find, Creaghorn. I wonder, if I can do the "Next waypoint" command, although I never

fly with TAC anymore? Never tried that.

Interesting Creaghorn, I hadn't registered that.

I actually love Lone Wolf missions (I put them on my log sheet as 'single machine' because it sounds less macho to me) and usually set my own routes, but this could be useful when I don't have the time to get lost!

Weird I have been doing this for a long time. Never said diddly because I thought everyone could figure it out if I did.

probably everyone did besides me because i always skipped lone wolf missions.

but since i'm doing a very early british campaign now i wanted to do it realistically (besides warping of course). only thing which is unfortunate that you will never meet lone enemies, or enemy recon twoseaters.

i added also some more targets in the lone wolf mission files so i have to photograph the front (by making screenshots) and occasionally deep over enemy lines to photograph troop movements or camps or suspicious buildings or railstations.it's really fun. every now and then i carry a bomb or two just to scare the enemy. :grin:

only thing which is unfortunate that you will never meet lone enemies, or enemy recon twoseaters.

That should be a rather easy improvement for P4 to make - I hope Winder will read this.

Because that would add another "thrill-dimension" to it; especially for the early war.

i added also some more targets in the lone wolf mission files so i have to photograph the front (by making screenshots)

and occasionally deep over enemy lines to photograph troop movements or camps or suspicious buildings or railstations.

Great! You're making even more of OFF for you!

Do you ever fly after paper maps?

Do you ever fly after paper maps?

i always did in red baron 3d and i tried it in OFF too occasionally. but due to time issues i'm not able to so i have to warp. and warping and real map doesn't work together because i would never know if i reached the point. it only works with realtime flying (although with medium airactivity there is lot of realtime flyng anyway). flying by map is awesome, but timeissues permitt it unfortunately

Well, if you know your area, you might be able to do it still.

I have painted lakes and other typical landmarks into my map, and so if I warped, I would still

see after some time, where I am right now - and continue from there by paper map.

If I come out of warp near Ypres for example, I will know it's Ypres down there, and find my

orientation rather quick.

Also, you don't need to follow waypoints, when flying after map.

I often follow rivers or railroads.

If you then want to warp again, you can do that, and the warp will of course get you to the

assigned waypoints again. Good for take off and circling the field, and for the home-flying.

Inbetween, paper map is nice.

Well, if you know your area, you might be able to do it still.

I have painted lakes and other typical landmarks into my map, and so if I warped, I would still

see after some time, where I am right now - and continue from there by paper map.

If I come out of warp near Ypres for example, I will know it's Ypres down there, and find my

orientation rather quick.

Also, you don't need to follow waypoints, when flying after map.

I often follow rivers or railroads.

If you then want to warp again, you can do that, and the warp will of course get you to the

assigned waypoints again. Good for take off and circling the field, and for the home-flying.

Inbetween, paper map is nice.

good idea olham,

might try it for inbetween. because if i fly around and think mission is done and i fly home and hit warp, it would send me back to the last waypoint i had missed. that's the main reason. :good:

Yes, it does. But that's no problem - you could just ignore it and hit "warp" again,

until you get to the last waypoint.

I love flying by paper map and no longer use the in-sim map. And, while I don't use warp, I will ocsasionally use CTRL-SHIFT-E to speed up in-sim time if my real time is getting short and I have to wrap things up sooner than I had planned, (and of course CTRL-SHIFT-R to slow back down). Just be sure you have plenty of alt and ease into the time compressions a step at a time. The nice thing about this is, just like warp, you will drop back to normal time lapse if enemy planes are suddenly in your area.

I love flying by paper map and no longer use the in-sim map. And, while I don't use warp, I will ocsasionally use CTRL-SHIFT-E to speed up in-sim time if my real time is getting short and I have to wrap things up sooner than I had planned, (and of course CTRL-SHIFT-R to slow back down). Just be sure you have plenty of alt and ease into the time compressions a step at a time. The nice thing about this is, just like warp, you will drop back to normal time lapse if enemy planes are suddenly in your area.

cool stuff. never used this feature yet. :drinks:

don't know why, but i thought there was always some issue with this or it was recommended not to use it, but forgot why though.

if i use it, does it fly then automatically straight with autopilot or will i go out of control in accelerated speed?

Ooooooh yes Creaghorn, you will go out of control either 2, 4, 8, or 16 times faster than you normally would, (depending on how high you've ramped up). This is why I recommend that you ease into the time compressions a step at a time and do so with lots of altitude, or you will die with the scream still in your throat.:yikes:

Ooooooh yes Creaghorn, you will go out of control either 2, 4, 8, or 16 times faster than you normally would, (depending on how high you've ramped up). This is why I recommend that you ease into the time compressions a step at a time and do so with lots of altitude, or you will die with the scream still in your throat.:yikes:

or i hit autopilot first. and autopilot means flying straight, not automatically along the waypoints, right?

Autopilot? We have autopilot???

My experience with auto-pilot in OFF is near nil. IIRC, it only works as well as you have your plane trimmed, so if you have your kite set up to fly straight and level with "hands off", then AP will work...sort of. However, trimming out your plane that much will also rob it of the very quirks that make it a good fighter, the Camel being the perfect example of this.

I usually prop one of my blow-up dolls in the seat and bungee her hand on my joysti...uhhh....never mind. :blink:

Edited by Shiloh

My experience with auto-pilot in OFF is near nil. IIRC, it only works as well as you have your plane trimmed, so if you have your kite set up to fly straight and level with "hands off", then AP will work...sort of. However, trimming out your plane that much will also rob it of the very quirks that make it a good fighter, the Camel being the perfect example of this.

ok. thank you lou, will try it anyway. that's all stuff i never tried out yet. but if it's indeed necessary to trim, then i'll give it a sack. :salute:

I usually prop one of my blow-up dolls in the seat and bungee her hand on my joysti...uhhh....never mind. :blink:

:blink::grin::rofl::good::drinks: