Sign in to follow this  
Ice Man

U-2 and SR-71A recon flights over North Vietnam

Someone can do some historical missions which involved the U-2 and SR-71A over North Vietnam during the Vietnam war?I found a PDF document about these recon flights,but I don't know if is an original document or a fake.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

sr71_Vietnam1969.pdf

Wow, a report of a mission invoking a Sr-71 appears to be quite rare. This is also the first opportunity I have to read one ! And the nearest missile reportedly exploded at 12,000 feets from its target: the SAM can not make up its target or a shot without guidance (like they did against the B-52s during Linebaker II) ?

I found a very interesting site on reconnaissance flights carried out by the U-2E and SR-71A on North Vietnam during the Vietnam War, this is the link:

http://www.u2sr71patches.co.uk/4028thvietnam.htm

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Problem was SAC could not find a way to get recon information to the tactical forces in a timely manner. Recon collection was set up to monitor other potential combatants and the red tape and who releases what could not be overcome. TAC forces lost confidence in SAC recon and SAC recon failed to deliver. Another of the many tragedies of the war.

be almost impossible using TK flight engine ... don't forget all the recon mission are run BELOW 1000ft.

of course, you can always fly the entire profile by hand, to the required altitudes for those birds. Wonder if the mission builder would accept the proper alt parameters??