Sign in to follow this  
Ras

Long Time My Friends

A few of you might remember me. Looks like there are a lot of new faces around here and that is a darn good thing. Might just have to get up in the skies again but it will be like learning all over again. Haven't been flying much of anything in the last few months and that was my problem. Between OFF and a little FSX and then DCS-A-10 and then the dreaded WW2 sim (heck i can't even remember the name right now) I have less time in the air than sex. And at my age, that is a hell of a statement!!!:grin:

So, just wanted to say hello. Maybe when the weather turns nasty i can once again get up in the air and bend those wings a little bit. The best to all of you

I don't know you Ras but allow me to give a hearty welcome back and please have a drink on me. :drinks:

Hi Ras...it's been too long!...I lost your email addy...can you please either email me..or pm with yours!?..cheers Bud :drinks:

Hey, Ras, old chap! There sure are more "than a few" to remember you here.

But there would be many even more, if you would write a bit more often, eyh?

Not flying doesn't automatically mean "no posting" I guess?

For me it is so, that even after 3 weeks of total holiday (no computer with me)

I have to learn the "flying feeling" again. No need to be ashamed, I'd say.

Just pick an easy to fly crate and take some stick time.

And as for sex - it's anyway often pretty overrated.

I mean, after all, some sorties can last sooo much longer...

:grin:

hey Ras old chap.

don't you dare to disappear again for such a long time :yes:

Edited by Creaghorn

Hi Ras.

Why should we've forgotten you?

Take a look at the P4 screenshots.

And welcome back.

RAS! Long time no see, my friend. I bet you have the fall colors going full tilt in your little corner of Minnesota. Ready for winter yet? I'm not.

Hey again Ras,

I hope life is treating you well. Glad to see you back. :)

Hellshade

Rah, rah, Ras!

Kick 'em in the A**

Seriously, welcome home!

Returning member buys the drinks! :drinks:

Wow, so many greetings and great they are to get. I'll try and catch up with the forum and take a good look at P4. I had looked at some of the first screenshots when they came out months ago. Once my weather turns colder, it keeps me i the house and will get to spend some time flying. I really look forward to get some time in the air, but real life and some art work has given me another almost obsession. See, i always liked the outdoors and making fish carvings and such. Now I am into painting many different kinds of ducks, fish, songbirds and etc on wood and trying to make some additional income in doing that. So its been a real crazy thing. Its always good to share interests and we've got fisheremen, firemen, remote controlled aircraft fans and etc and etc. So I hope you do mind me showing you some work. It is not mean to try and sell, just an easy way to see some of my work that I am proud of. So check out what old Ras has been doing and I'll be around.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BirdAndFishArtOnWood?ref=si_shop

Wow, Ras - and I had been afraid you had been fed up with everything after your big

water damage some time ago.

But instead you have been doing all these great pieces of folk art!

They are so lovingly done!

I know from my rural home region, that it can still be hard to sell artistic work - even

such good pieces - cause the people don't have the fat wallets, and so I wish you

all the extra portions of luck, that may be necessary to.

My personal favoutire is the Folk Art Eider Duck - a good idea; looks like influenced

by Indian spirits; as if the duck carries all the souls of it's ancestors with it.

This gave me the kick to start with some WW1 air combat painting, which I had on mind for ages.

Great stuff, Ras - carry on!

:good:

Ras, that is beautiful work Sir. Do you have a studio set up at home? If I find myself in your area and you wouldn't mind, I'd like to stop by and take a look at the rest of your art.

Thanks all. Olham, you must give the painting a try. I have been practicing with some colored pencils (a bit more expensive than one can find in a regular store) but not out of reach with the pocket book. A great thing to try also.

Lou, with your travels that I believe you must make to North Dakota if I remember correctly, there might be times you are not far from Detroit Lakes. It would be a joy to meet you. I'll buy lunch. No regular studio but I have a shop, and other areas where I have my projects ongoing. I would love to show them to you. Do PM me for my email and phone #. I may have given you my phone at one time, but now I am not sure. I am around often, who knows, maybe we can get together

Oooo, free lunch! A PM has been sent Ras. Hope to see you soon. :smile: