Sign in to follow this  
harryleith

Diecast Soviet fighters

I was astonished to find that Witty Wings does a SU-27 and MiG-29 in 1:72 diecast. Has anyone bought or seen any of these? There is only 1 distributor in Australia and he is several thousand kilometres away, meaning I will have to buy these from the pics online.

WTY-72019-4.jpg

The MiG-29 looks nice. I would prefer more generic markings, but this is the closest to what I want that is available here.

WTY-72014-12-1.jpg

Their SU-27 is not entirely accurate around the nose and cockpit, but looks pretty nice.

So, any feedback on the Witty Wings series? Has anyone had any of these, or experience of the Witty Wings range? Comments on the nose issue with the SU-27?

Are there alternative manufacturers of MiG-29s and SU-27s? I have seen a Gainscorp SU-27 and while the shape is better, the overall finish is more toy-like. I also found Century Wings with some nice aircraft, but I can't find a distributor in Australia.

I would appreciate any assistance.

There is only 1 distributor in Australia and he is several thousand kilometres away...

So would be on the East coast, yeah? If there's something in SA, I might be able to look it up for you.

In Victoria. Thanks for the offer, but I placed the order this morning. It's only money...

They arrived today and they are great! The SU-27 cockpit shape is a bit out, but not enough to spoil the overall effect. The MiG-29 is awesome! I really love that bird!