Sign in to follow this  
Injun_01

Youuuuuu_Whooooooo, where are U?

Does anyone here still fly USAF???? :cry: 2 many hotheaded, take the game way to seriously, 300$ HOTAS usin Pilots over at Falcon 4. Dont get me wrong all u Falcon 4 pilots, fans, and been there 1 or 2wice users....Im just the type of wanna be, "Hotheaded" Falcon 4 jock that just likes to get a good clean game of 1 v 1 or an AOW. Dunno if i could spend more than 150$ on a HOTAS, but u can bet ur bottom dollar I'd spend more than that at the "Nudie" bar watchin some "HOTAS_ses"...hehehe. Just really, really reachin out for some good clean, "Non-Hacked", GUNZZZZZZ ONLY!!!!! Dogfightin, barkin, growlin, bitin, whatever floats ur boat.....FUN. (And if u must fly a UFO, then fly it. What the Hell!?!?!? Im still game :^).....) :casstet: <<S>> & <<C>>. Keep up the great work gents. Yo Fates, wheres "Whoopopye?" Havent seen that wascowee wabbit in ages.....<<C>>

<C>

USAF is not ready to be put to ground yet. You know as well as I that this game is still kickin much more then some other older and newer Janes releases. I sorta came into the USAF crowd when it was full bore. However, several on the squad have been around since Day 1, and still visit the HL and Gamespy.

As far as Woopopeye...LMAO....he's around...you'll be shot down by him before they shut the coffin door on this game.....IMHO...

You said one thing about this game that i must quote here because I think it's sums up why everyone has come to enjoy USAF so much:

Just really, really reachin out for some good clean, "Non-Hacked", GUNZZZZZZ ONLY!!!!! Dogfightin, barkin, growlin, bitin, whatever floats ur boat.....FUN. (And if u must fly a UFO, then fly it. What the Hell!?!?!? Im still game :^).....)

I think that USAF has brought one thing to flight simmers and that's just the simple joy of dogfighting FUN. Yes, the avionics weren't up to F4 status, and neither may have been the FM's or other aspects of the game. however, IMHO they were deceptive enough to make you BELIEVE they were real...so you could just simply enjoy the game.

That's what its all about...FUN

so....sit back, relax, ....and have another on me

Cheers

Fates

Agreed on the fun part. I've owned just about every sim out there, and while there were many more "accurate" sims, this one was probably the most fun to play. It's only in the last year that it has slowly started collecting dust.

Sadly, not many ppl fly USAF anymore. Im thinking about getting SF:P1

I flew USAF from Nov 99 until about 9 months ago almost every day. Sadly, after three years non stop and doing just about everything there was to do with it I finally got burned out. The Superpro stuff coming out looked kind of nice, but once I started testing SFP1 the aircraft in USAF suddenly looked "arcadey". Some of the aircraft that even were included in Superpro looked pretty crappy IMO, although there were a few that looked very good.

Guest Sony Tuckson

hello USAF fans

also enjoy it but

doesn't work nice under windows xp

I mean, all drop down boxes won't work under xp, which leaves me with a lot of default choices, .....

I can't enjoy it this way

is there a patch or settings that would make it work nice under XP?

As for Janes USAF, I just bought it last week for $9.99 at Comp USA by my house. I haven't installed it yet, therefore I haven't got to play it yet!

Do you guys know of some good sites around the web for info/downloads for this game? Also got Xplane that I dont fly at all. I got ver 5.xxxx and everyone says I need 6 oh well Story of my life

Speaking of more accurate sims, has anyone played Digital Integration's F/A-18E Super hornet??

This sim is very accurate in the FM and the Avionics. The cockpit is very realistic as well with multiple buttons, knobs, bells, and whistles. Hell you can even toy with the color and brightness of the HUD while in flight with the corresponding buttons. (just like real life)

Well to the point. While very realistic, this game is sooo complicated that it's impossible to have fun. There are 50000 to do just to get the plane off the damn ground. Once in flight there are double the amount of things to do.

I had a hell of a time with it. setup was a bi**h, not to mention the 298 page manual. And yes it was a must to read.

Sorry about the many same posts. It said error when I tried to submit my reply, so I tried a couple more times. I didnt realize it posted anyway.

I heard Whoopopye was really Kid Rock...and also flys under another alias Unkle Kracker...

:D

Cheers

Beer