Sign in to follow this  
suhsjake

Steve Jobs

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

Even though I hate all things Apple (including my iPod Nano v3), he was a visionary and revolutionized the computer industry.

He will be remembered.

Edited by suhsjake

His leadership of Apple certainly led to fantastic products. RIP.

Love my IPods and IPhone.... RIP Steve jobs. A true visionary.

He, like Bill Gates, was a marketing genius.

It was only about 6-8 weeks ago he stepped down from CEO of Apple. Thanks Steve, your memory will rock on every time I listen to my i-pod!

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

Even though I hate all things Apple (including my iPod Nano v3), he was a visionary and revolutionized the computer industry.

He will be remembered.

:salute:

This is sad, and I guess explains his resignation. Anyway when I heard about his resignation I suspected it's illness related.

I think his biggest contribution may be the Iphone which changed mobiles for ever. They are not just phones anymore... More like a computer in your pocket.

Not much else I can really say. A visionary and incredible mind. Such a shame.

He lived for like 7 years after he got cancer the first time, I guess it just kept coming back.

The Bill Gates of Apple - able to package other people inventions into products that appealed to the masses. Apple really got ahead of the game over the other tech giants like Sony in the mobile business where they had no right to be - and Jobs really turned around a sinking ship after going back there.

The recent products particularly the iPhone 4 which is pretty much a pocket PC are wonderful (especially the touch interface) and everyone else has being playing catch up.

RIP

I have nothing against Jobs or what he was able to accomplish.

However, I have a dislike for some of his more rabid fans. Some of the anti-PC rhetoric they spout is so stupid it's no wonder people think "Apple is for stupid people" because it's the dumb fans that are the most vocal. The smart ones, well, they don't go spouting off about it because they know it's not better, just different, and some things are better suited for it while others are not. It's like a presidential candidate being endorsed by the KKK or something...I'm sure Apple privately wishes those people would stay quiet.

I don't care for the products themselves because they require certain concessions to giving up control that I don't like, like converting all your music to their own format first, or being locked out from digging into the OS.

I agree Jedi...the Apple Accolites are a right pain in the ass!

I never used Apple hardware but I have much respect for innovators, on top of that he had some true human wisdom behind(if not actually infront) all that technology talent.

R.I.P. Steve

what Brain32 said

I never used Apple hardware but I have much respect for innovators, on top of that he had some true human wisdom behind(if not actually infront) all that technology talent.

R.I.P. Steve

+1

RIP Steve Jobs

FC

no matter if you like Apple, iPhone or any thing else they have

Jobs changed the world even in other things that we buy

so thank you Mr. Jobs

RIP.

I don't care for the products themselves because they require certain concessions to giving up control that I don't like, like converting all your music to their own format first, or being locked out from digging into the OS.

the products are far from perfect - I suppose the idea and style over content are what sells them.

To add to the above - one thing on my iPhone 4 - as a pocket PC its great - as a phone its absolutely useless so I dont recommend one - poor reception and pathetic battery endurance - I have a Sony Ericsson which is 4 years older and its just far superior - even has a better camera.

And if you are thinking you can carry a spare battery - well errrr....cant replace it easily - so in most cases its a sealed unit all the way to landfill - really have to question that one.

What I really can't dig with the Apple is their ridiculously overpriced hardware compared to the competition, which is why I'm planning on building a Hackintosh (will purchase the original Snow Leopard OS though), which I will need for professional reasons. I agree that Jobs was Apple's Bill Gates and both seem to be always binding people to their products in the wrong way, at least they're giving reason for other more accessible systems, be it software or hardware, to exist. I'm wondering what will become of Apple now that Jobs is definitely gone (Bill Gates can always return to Micro$oft). Still, it's a shame he had to go the way he did, due to a still not 100%-surely treatable disease... RIP.

I don't care for the products themselves because they require certain concessions to giving up control that I don't like, like converting all your music to their own format first,

I have over 50000 MP3's and haven't had to convert one to MP4 to use in my Iphone and Ipods. It uses MP3 just fine.