TMF F-14 Tomcat Superpack

The Mirage Factory F-14 Tomcat Super Pack V1.21 AUG. 25, 2013

What it is:

This is the F-14 Tomcat Super Pack v1.21 Full. It includes tweaks to the engines, avionics, weight, effects and the Phoenix missile.

=================

Installation:

=====CAUTION=====

1. This was tested at July 2013 patch level, on an "All 5 Merged" install, and because it uses AvionicsF14A.dll, will require SF2NA (or a TW F-14) to work! It will not work on Gen 1 sims, nor will it work correctly on pre-April 2012 installs! (Caveat: Avionics70.dll F-14D should work on pre-April patch levels).

2. It is HIGHLY recommended you back up your current F-14's .ini files and cockpit folders. If you have custom skins installed, be sure to back up your F-14(A/A+/B/D).ini to preserve the texture set data.

=================

1. Unzip the contents of the F-14SP_V121.7z file into a folder.

1a. If you have installed the Avionics70 F-14D, ensure you back up the .ini files if you haven't renamed the bird, since this install will overwrite F-14D_92, 96 and 06!

2. Open your Strike Fighters 2 mod folder (e.g. C:\User\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\...)

3. Copy the contents of the unzipped Objects folder into your SF2 mod Objects folder, allowing all files to overwrite (Objects\Aircraft and Objects\Weapons).

3a. (RECOMMENDED) Review the Cockpit and Avionics, and F-14 SP Update word documents for information on updates.

4. Go fly!

=================

1. Unzip the contents of the F-14SP_V121.7z file into a folder.

1a. You may choose to use the Avionics70.dll F-14D for SAR mode on strike missions. If you wish to do so, see Section 6 of the F-14 SP Update V120 word document (Para 6.1-6.3) for install procedures and recommendations.

2. Open your Strike Fighters 2 mod folder (e.g. C:\User\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\...)

3. Copy the contents of the unzipped Objects folder into your SF2 mod Objects folder, allowing all files to overwrite (Objects\Aircraft, Objects\Weapons, and Objects\Decals will be affected).

3a. (RECOMMENDED) Review the Cockpit and Avionics, and Update word documents for information on updates.

4. Go fly!

=================

Credits:

Model: Flying Toaster, Oli

Cockpit: Chris (original), reworked and updated by Brain32

FM: ThirdWire, Column5, Spectre8750, Caesar

Avionics: Crusader, ThirdWire, Sup Gen, Caesar, Dave, CrazyhorseB34

Pilots: Old_Diego, CrazyhorseB34

Skins: Dave, Spectre8750, Column5

NATOPS Textures: HomeFries

Extra Hangar, Loading and Main Screens: Dave, Spectre8750

Ejection Mod: Stary

Testing: Sup Gen, Caesar, Dave, EricJ, Spectre8750

TARPS: Bunyap and Spectre8750

Weapons: Ravenclaw, wpnssgt, Bunyap and others

===Dedidacted to Oli===

• Like 4

Hi,

Fantastic Super Pack!!! :clapping:

Many thanks...

Coupi. :salute:

Spec

Kick ass pack you put together!

Thanks

I noticed the ALQ-167 is'nt covering 1980, i'll fix it. just back date the POD for now. and remember Strike Missions aren't covered

before 1992 so the ground weapons wont show if you pick strike before that date. also i need to add Bunyap to the Readme

for weapons credits.

anything else show up let me know for a update patch.

Spectre8750

Edited by Spectre8750

Nice work however your missing the LAU-138 BOL countermeasure Sidewinder rails fitted to the F-14 fleet in the early 90's. I did this a little while ago which added them onto the previous MF F-14 for SF2. Basically all you need to do as add two 160 shot chaff dispensers that fire out the back of the Sidewinder missile rails and make it so they don’t disappear when no weapon is loaded. Having the BOL chaff launchers fitted meant all the pyrotechnic countermeasure launchers were freed up for flares.

http://combatace.com...ab-f-14d-fa-18/

Edited by dtmdragon

Nice work however your missing the LAU-138 BOL countermeasure Sidewinder rails fitted to the F-14 fleet in the early 90's. I did this a little while ago which added them onto the previous MF F-14 for SF2. Basically all you need to do as add two 160 shot chaff dispensers that fire out the back of the Sidewinder missile rails and make it so they don’t disappear when no weapon is loaded. Having the BOL chaff launchers fitted meant all the pyrotechnic countermeasure launchers were freed up for flares.

http://combatace.com...ab-f-14d-fa-18/

Cool dtmdragon, Thanks, ill grab it.

File Name: MF F-14A, A+, B and D and Tour active Squadrons Skins

File Submitter: Spectre8750

File Submitted: 07 October 2011

File Category: SF2 Series Add On Aircraft

Dear Spectre8570,

Before anything let me first thank you and show my appreciation on this awesome mod for the F-14... really enjoy it... but a humble suggestion if you don't mind: the F-14D Super tomcat featured in this pack has only a single undernose pod, whereas in reality isn't it supposed to have a twin nosepodlike in the pic below? if it's not too much to ask, is it possible to have this fixed sometime in the future? Once again please don't get me wrong: this ISN'T a complaint. just a humble suggestion. Thanks..

sensor.jpg

Dear Spectre8570,

Before anything let me first thank you and show my appreciation on this awesome mod for the F-14... really enjoy it... but a humble suggestion if you don't mind: the F-14D Super tomcat featured in this pack has only a single undernose pod, whereas in reality isn't it supposed to have a twin nosepodlike in the pic below? if it's not too much to ask, is it possible to have this fixed sometime in the future? Once again please don't get me wrong: this ISN'T a complaint. just a humble suggestion. Thanks..

sensor.jpg

Hi Tomcat_ace

Thanks.

Yes i'm aware of the TCS pod for the D model. They are working on a F-14D that is correct and will be releasing it.

They are trying to get a Pit for it before they do that. So hang in there.

Spectre8750

Hi Tomcat_ace

Thanks.

Yes i'm aware of the TCS pod for the D model. They are working on a F-14D that is correct and will be releasing it.

Spectre8750

Great! looking forward to it.. Thanks :-)

Hi Tomcat_ace

Thanks.

Spectre8750

That is what is really holding the project up to. Need a pit and we dont know when that will ever happen.

That is what is really holding the project up to. Need a pit and we dont know when that will ever happen.

Can a stand-in pit be used based on the existing ones? I tried using ravenclaw 007's mod for the F-14A/B&D but it didn't work although i followed the instructions and put the .lod's in the aircraft folder rather than the F-14 folder.... Has anyone else had better results with these alternatives? (just a suggestion so please don't get me wrong)

Edited by Tomcat_ace

Can a stand-in pit be used based on the existing ones? I tried using ravenclaw 007's mod for the F-14A/B&D but it didn't work although i followed the instructions and put the .lod's in the aircraft folder rather than the F-14 folder.... Has anyone else had better results with these alternatives? (just a suggestion so please don't get me wrong)

That mod is for the old F-14's and will not work on the news without some work. No TMF is not going to release that D until we get a pit.

No TMF is not going to release that D until we get a pit.

That's OK... I understand & respect the fact that the Mirage Factory will not release an incompletely/inaccurately detailed aircraft (both on the exterior & interior)

That mod is for the old F-14's and will not work on the news without some work.

If it's not too much to ask,could someone help to make Ravenclaw007's undernose sensor mod work for the SF2 Tomcat till TMF formally releases the 'D' version? just a request so don't get me wrong.. thanks

Tomcat_ace,

I think someone already tried it and was unhappy with the results because the data.ini edits are there. The two pods are not large enough to cover the one. I think MF would have to remove the single pod from the model and then it would work, but I don't how quick or easy that job would be. . . good luck; and modifying the original MF F-14A will leave you with the correct nose pod but the wrong engine nozzles. I don't think there's any way to hide it with data.ini edits in the exterior view, has to be done in max.

Spiff

That's OK... I understand & respect the fact that the Mirage Factory will not release an incompletely/inaccurately detailed aircraft (both on the exterior & interior)

If it's not too much to ask,could someone help to make Ravenclaw007's undernose sensor mod work for the SF2 Tomcat till TMF formally releases the 'D' version? just a request so don't get me wrong.. thanks

Just succeded in hiding the old TCS and strapping on the D version. hope You all enjoy it. will post it today in a new

Hotfix patch. Small Download.

Spectre8750

Added v1.12 Hotfix update.

Includes newer TCS for F-14D and BOL Dispensers not mentioned in the ReadMe, oops, but was noticed by dtmdragon to be

missing on early 90's and later Aircraft.

get it here as soon as upload is approved.

http://combatace.com/files/file/12329-f-14a-a-b-and-d-v112-hotfix/

Enjoy.

Spectre8750

Edited by Spectre8750

Has anyone slotted this into any of the campaigns?

Can any history buffs recommend which campaign and unit would it be most historically accurate to replace in existing campaigns?

I have a NATO Fighters install, and also a Mod folder setup for SF2/Israel/Exp1 I could use.

ALCON

I would re-download this as the team went crazy and did a total variant breakdown. Also there is an actual F-14D in there with stand in pit until we can the one built.

• Like 1

so, a revamped package is now available, is what you're saying?

Hope you enjoy this Mod.

Spectre8750

Oh, yes indeed! most definitely! thank you very much! :yes:

Edited by SkyStrike