Sign in to follow this  
WhiteBoySamurai

I've got a plan for the PLAN

The addons I get the most requests for are carriers and OPFOR vessels. While I do have some carriers on the back burner, I decided to get at least one or two smaller ships out first.

So, I'm doing the Type 053H2G Jiangwei-I class, and Type 053H3 Jiangwei-II class, modern frigates used by the People's Liberation Army Navy. Numerous and well-armed, I think they'll make very suitable targets for all your Harpoons and assorted ASMs.

gallery_33721_313_28428.jpg

As you can see, the mesh is done and I've already started skinning. The Jiangwei-I and II primarily differ only in their missile payload, the location of their rear guns, and a few internal systems. These ship's HQ-61 (Aspide knockoff) and HQ-7 (French Crotale copy) missiles are also basically finished. I expect to have it ready for upload by next week.

Edited by WhiteBoySamurai
  • Like 1

Have you any plans to make any Soviet/Russian vessels?!?

On a similar note are there SF2 versions availble for the Insky Udaloys and Slava?!?

Edited by Fightingirish

Have you any plans to make any Soviet/Russian vessels?!?

On a similar note are there SF2 versions availble for the Insky Udaloys and Slava?!?

Yes, Sovremenny and Kirov are in the works. Thanks to colmack for helping me get started. cool.gif

I'm not sure if there are SF2 versions of the Udaloy and Slava, but they're easy to convert manually. You just need to add the radar frequency data under the [DetectSystem] entry. This is what I use for modern Russian ships:

RadarSearchFreq=8.0

RadarTrackFreq=12.0

RadarSearchCW=FALSE

RadarTrackCW=FALSE

RadarMissileGuidanceCW=TRUE

If you are using my naval RWR mod, you should also add "RadarFamilyName=Destroyer" for the Udaloys and "RadarFamilyName=Cruiser" for the Slava.

Excellent news about the Kirov, what a beast!!

Keep up your excellent work and thankyou very much for the tip on converting the other ships.:good:

Did you have a meeting to have the plan schedule to talk about the PLAN? :lol:

If you are using my naval RWR mod, you should also add "RadarFamilyName=Destroyer" for the Udaloys and "RadarFamilyName=Cruiser" for the Slava.

Where can I download the naval RWR mod?!?

Yes, Sovremenny and Kirov are in the works. Thanks to colmack for helping me get started. cool.gif

I'm not sure if there are SF2 versions of the Udaloy and Slava, but they're easy to convert manually. You just need to add the radar frequency data under the [DetectSystem] entry. This is what I use for modern Russian ships:

RadarSearchFreq=8.0

RadarTrackFreq=12.0

RadarSearchCW=FALSE

RadarTrackCW=FALSE

RadarMissileGuidanceCW=TRUE

Thanks for the Electronics values mate :good:

Converted the Udaloy, Slava pretty easily, installed your updated Osa, Komar and other boats. Now both sides have a pretty good naval force.

Been playing around with some naval engagement mission designs, seems like Udaloy and Slava need some more modding in missile ranges, which at the moment don't engage until close..

Other than that, all is pretty good.

The LCS-1 RAM missiles seem to be the best example for surface engagements. Missiles in other projects such as the Meko,OHPerry etc. need comparing with the values of RAM..

Anyway, your work has showed the way to solving many naval problems the previous mods had, so thanks :drinks:

Edited by PureBlue

Did you have a meeting to have the plan schedule to talk about the PLAN? :lol:

We are currently in talks to discuss the scheduling of a timetable on which to meet about the pending meeting in which we finally finalize our plan for the PLAN.

Mind you, this all needs to be cleared by the Redundant Department of Redundancy.

cool.gif

Thanks for the Electronics values mate

Converted the Udaloy, Slava pretty easily, installed your updated Osa, Komar and other boats. Now both sides have a pretty good naval force.

Been playing around with some naval engagement mission designs, seems like Udaloy and Slava need some more modding in missile ranges, which at the moment don't engage until close..

Other than that, all is pretty good.

The LCS-1 RAM missiles seem to be the best example for surface engagements. Missiles in other projects such as the Meko,OHPerry etc. need comparing with the values of RAM..

Anyway, your work has showed the way to solving many naval problems the previous mods had, so thanks

No problem. I'd like to get as many warships as possible standardized and working well. I do a lot of aftermarket modding on the ships I download, so I'm happy to share the data that I use.

Here are some screenshots of the 053H2G Jiangwei-I. I just need to add a bit more detail, finish the flight deck, and do some bump mapping.

gallery_33721_313_107902.jpg

The two ships weigh in at a modest 9000 polys up close, 5000 for long distance.

And here are the ships in their intended purpose:

gallery_33721_313_169866.jpg

Three hundred rounds of 20mm well spent.

gallery_33721_313_120025.jpg