Sign in to follow this  
Vampyre

Take on Helicoptors

Yes, it's the OFP/Arma guys doing it. I'm not sure what the game itself will be like, but if you have arma 2 there was a demo of sorts that let you fly the a helo in arma2 using the FM TOH will have.

It sounds like MSFS helo edition from the Arma guys, so I'm going to wait for others to get it and try it. I'm not much for "flight only" sims (I prefer combat flight sims!) so I may skip this one.

The game is out now, sitting on my HD, but haven't played it so far. There's some discussion on the ToH forum at bohemia interactive, stating that the flight model is not overly accurate: rolling tendency when adding collective is wrong, overdone ground effect, rate of descend to low, no torque effect. Given BI's tendency to support their games for a long time, I wouldn't be surprised to see a patch or ten trying to fix the above issues sooner or later.

On the civilian nature of the sim, my understanding is that the military side of helo flying is left to modders ... Guess we'll have to wait and see if the arma modder community jumps aboard and delivers that sort of content.

From what I understand while the helos fly like Arma a bit, it doesn't play like it. After all, all you have is Seattle to fly around in I think?

Bah, who needs it now. GOG released the good ol' Hind.