There's some kind of error F-15s are almost impossible to shoot down... No matter how many times I shoot at them they always just fly straight and drop chaf/flares and avoide the missile... And it's not a missile bug, I've tested them on some F-104s and they fly straight and true on to the target. What shall I do? :blink:

I made a test mission with two F-104S ASA-M against two f-15A...two Aspide missed and an AIM-9L blowed one out of the sky and with another 9L damaged the second (my wingman launched two Aspide and 9L without success...)

The Eagle is a hard bird!

• Like 1

Well they aren't matched, i took F-104s as an example of an aircraft witch doesn't fight back hard enough (like target practice) ... But I'm not fighting them with F-104s , I'm fighting them with MiG-31s we fire about 20 missiles (R-37 Arrows) at them without a single hit... something must be wrong :P

And the wrong forum.....

What patch level? At one point, chaff/flares/ecm were too effective, working almost 100% of the time.

There's some kind of error F-15s are almost impossible to shoot down... No matter how many times I shoot at them they always just fly straight and drop chaf/flares and avoide the missile... And it's not a missile bug, I've tested them on some F-104s and they fly straight and true on to the target. What shall I do? :blink:

Well you have 2 ways to shoot down F-15's in the game:

1- in the aircrafts folder go to F-15 DATA.ini

[ECM]

SystemType=ECM_JAMMER

JammerType=DECEPTIVE_JAMMER

JammerStrength=60.0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< lower this number

MinFreq=2.0

MaxFreq=20.0

CanJamCW=TRUE

[DecoyDispenser1]

SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER

EjectPosition=-1.13,1.40,-0.88

EjectVelocity=-2.59,0.00,-9.66

NumChaff=60 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< and this one

NumFlare=30 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< also this

[DecoyDispenser2]

SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER

EjectPosition= 1.13,1.40,-0.88

EjectVelocity= 2.59,0.00,-9.66

NumChaff=60 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< and this

NumFlare=30 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< finally this one too

but to me its cheating :grin:

2- AMBUSH them, fly as low and fast as possible when u get close enough zoom climb, lock, and fire, get as close as possible to ensure a hit. this surprise attack technique always works with me, because if they see u they cannot fire at u or when they fire their missiles will hit the ground, ground clutter is better than ECM sometimes.

In SF2, I can beat F-15s flying MiG-23s... if I successfully survive the merge. I stay low and close as fast as possible, but go perpindicular to break locks. If I don't make any mistakes, I can get into a close-in turn fight. From that position, I have at least a 50% chance of getting into firing position before running out of fuel. AA-8s can get the job done or at least slow down the F-15 enough for a gun kill. Sometimes, I even manage an AA-7 RH kill. But it takes precise flying. If I keep my view inside the cockpit, I can't see/judge the angles well enough to win consistently, but I can still win more than 25% of the time. It really depends on how the F-15 AI flies. If it flies perfectly, it is a draw or I lose.