Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Somewhere in Earth's atmosphere.....

Following a warp signature trail, the IKS Klothos enters a dimesional vortex, that was undoubtedly created by the passage of a Federation star-ship. The Klothos's crew now find themselves over 300 Earth years in the past, and deep within the atmosphere of an M-class planet...

D7.wmv

Nice D7 model.

It's a Sketchup model that was ported over to LOD by Brain32. As soon as we receive permission from the model's creator, we'll make it available for download.

img00155-1.jpg

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 1

I'd love to have an "independence day" style campaign one day.with earth vs "UFO's" it would be kinda fun to be flying the best of the best and still be the underdog.

I'd love to have an "independence day" style campaign one day.with earth vs "UFO's" it would be kinda fun to be flying the best of the best and still be the underdog.

if you found 3 views of the UFO's "fighters" and the Mothership , who know rolleyes.gifspiteful.gif

Edited by cadeteBRA

Must be firing the phasers near a black hole to have light bend like that ;) Guess the Enterprise needs a good LCOS to use phasers in the SF series.

Must be firing the phasers near a black hole to have light bend like that ;) Guess the Enterprise needs a good LCOS to use phasers in the SF series.

And the phaser "rounds" are weightless in the gun data. Another issue was that I could not get the effect to work if I set the muzzle velocity to the speed of light :cool: , so I had to settle for a measly 10,000 m/sec :grin:

img00160.JPG

Video: A flight of Vipers intercept an unknown contact over Central Europe during the 1980s :good: It's kind of hard to kill something that's protected by deflector shields :rofl:

Edited by Fubar512

Try genie missile, that may overcome the deflector shields, love the imagination on this site.

You guys ROCK! so much potential here... Lead me to think about Macross and Gundam series drinks.gif

Video: A flight of Vipers intercept an unknown contact over Central Europe during the 1980s :good: It's kind of hard to kill something that's protected by deflector shields :rofl:

Fantastic!

I have to say though, I was half expecting to see Colonial Vipers!

Yeah, you've really outdone yourself this time, Fubar.

Photon torpedoes should be fun to do. 1.5kg matter x 1.5kg antimatter = 64 megatons.grin.gif

Hey Fubar, that is some fun looking stuff...nice work.

A bit off topic but I couldnt help but notice that your hud display in that F-16 didnt creep of the glass and show all over the cockpit......Please tell me how.

Cheers

Romflyer

I know this is a little off topic, but I'm more of a Star Wars guys vs Star Trek...

It could be kinda cool to do an X-wing vs TIE fighter mod for SF2.

You could have a couple different terrains... one could be a "Death Star" terrain. You could have minimal tiles, just some generic, grey, death star looking stuff. The terrain would be mostly flat, with some square sided canyons. Tod files would place some random towers and square grey "buildings all over the place. The terrain wouldn't have to be that big, obviously. New sky textures that look like outer space.

For targets you could have shield generators and "exhaust ports". Hangar bays, etc...

Airfields would require some creativity. I can think of some ways to make "red" airfields look like they are hangar bays. "Blue" airfields... I don't know. Maybe you could make 'em look like some sort of larger capital ship or something (can you raise a runway up in SF2 so it's not on the ground...? Never tried...).

You could have another terrain that just use the generic Desert tiles JSF Aggie released. Or maybe Hoth. Then the "blue" side would have airfields and you'd need a way for "red" side to have airfields.

Of course we'd also need X-wings, Y-wings, and you TIE variants... Flight models could be similar to over-powered harrier flight models, just to make thigns more interesting... And then you'd also want at least two good quality cockpits (a generic XYZ-wing cockpit and a generic TIE cockpit).

None of these are things I'm capable of doing though... So maybe this idea doesn't make it any further than this post. And it of course, we'd be limited to what the TW engine can do. All the ships would have to fly like they're in the earths atmosphere, no in outer space (but again over powered engines and super flight models might be able to help with that).

Edited by malibu43

search for FastCargo's Secret Mod

Working on navigation and hull lights, disruptor locations, and the photon torpedo effect.  I'm trying to stay within TOS canon on the latter, and want to avoid making the effect "too large".  I can increase it in size a bit...what do you guys think?

img00440.JPG

img00447.JPG

img00451.JPG

• Like 2