Sign in to follow this  
Slant6

Bringing in aircraft from WOI 56 suez addon to SF2I

Extracted relevant lod and bmps from WOI 1956 suez addon and tried installing Mystere IV cockpit in SF2 Israel patched to Mar 2010. Cockpit looks totally FUBAR and bmps obviously are not finding their marks. How can I fix this?

Uh ? Why not simply buy the SF2 Exp 1, which is the Suez add-on for SF2I ?

1. Why spend $25 dollars if I don't have to?

2. Exp pack 1 is probably patched to Sept. 2011 and would bog down my system (single core cpu, windows xp, GT 7950 video card).

1. Why spend $25 dollars if I don't have to?

Hmmm, maybe because it is one of the last PC flight sim developers left that hasn't gone out of business and you want them to keep giving us more flight sims?

Sorry to be snarky, but unfortunately it seems to be probably true.

Hmmm, maybe because it is one of the last PC flight sim developers left that hasn't gone out of business and you want them to keep giving us more flight sims?

Sorry to be snarky, but unfortunately it seems to be probably true.

In addition to the $25 for the Exp Pack addon (by itself not such a big deal) I'll have to upgrade my mobo, cpu (from single core to multicore) OS (xp to 7) memory, video card (DX 10 capable) etc. etc., since if Exp 1 is updated to 9/2011, and optimized for multicore, it'll run like a slug on my system. I'd rather not spend the 400-500 dollars this would entail. I'm just looking for help here.

By the way, I own ALL of the SF series (all the 1s and 2s, plus FE1), all of which I bought and paid for. TK is the greatest, but I'm just looking for some help from you experts, and avoiding an expensive upgrade for the time being. Thanks.

Edited by Kikka

Screenies of the issue might be of some help here...as we're all guessing in the dark

If running may 2010, you far behing the curve. Even for single core XP, you should be able to run the Jan 2011 or evan as far up as May2011.

first off, try using a different "stock" pit, and see what that looks like. I'd reccomend the F-100, just to experiment with. It that works fine, just use tht one.

It's quite possible that the pits are slightly different in mapping (but I don't see TK spending the extra time/money to crete different versions)- There also might be the differences between 1stGens ANSI and the Unicode lods being used int SF2, but this doubtfull as many 1stGEn pits (ok, by 3rdparties) work fine

Also, isn't the SF2:E Mysetere IV already flyable? Full merged installs, even with seperate mods folder have everything already accessable as the use ALL the same cat files.

In short, you may not be able to port the WoI version over.

It cant be done with out major editing.....

Works like a charm!! The trick is to update SF2 Israel to May 2010-b patch. That must make it able to read the bitmapping. It CAN be done! :clapping: