Sign in to follow this  
Lt. James Cater

Searching For A Good Bank

Just figured i'd ask around here in the course of my search.

Tommorow, i'm going to pull everything down to the minimum deposit in my BOA checking account. Usually it's a no brainer changing banks, but since more than a few these days are not exactly on the level it's better to take a good long look.

Any recomendations?

Small local bank? Credit union? Those are common suggested alternatives.

Karl Denninger's Market Ticker Forum is where you want to be ~> http://tickerforum.org/

Lots or retired military and airline pilots are there as well. Czech it out. Its a superb "lite" -- think "lite sim" -- introduction to what's going down.

Local credit union is the way to go. I killed a 17 y/o Wells Fargo account because they wanted me to pay for my free checking after all these years.

concur - credit union. I have my stuff split between two credit unions.

They're all c*nts...so good luck

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Try USAA Federal Savings Bank out of San Antonio, TX. Big enough not to need hidden fees which is the bane of the smaller banks. Smaller banks are looking at creative ways to get their hands into your pockets. I have found that USAA does not work that way.

Agreed ... Wells Chargo and I called it quits after 35 years of business recently. My most honest answer why is because I was tired of feeding the machine that does absolutely nothing for me that they don't charge me for anyway. My free checking was the last shred of dignity I had with them. I moved to something local and I can't tell you how amazing it is to walk in and have them know who I am. Expletive all those commercial large banks.

They're all c*nts...so good luck

You meant "cents" of course .... :grin:

Edited by Derk

I use USAA. Like Jug said, no hidden fees. Free checking and savings, awesome customer service, bill payment center, auto loans, credit cards, online deposit and phone deposit, but I don't know if they have any branches near you. Best bet would to find a local bank or local credit union.

Edited by suhsjake