hi, sorry that my first post is a complaint

anyways, I have downloaded 8 new plane mods and some of them have the same problem: weird facing position in internal view, and no aircraft in external view but a floating loadout. I can not control the aircraft at all and the radar is frozen, but I can move my view, it happens whether you start in the air or on the airstrip. I can't figure out why some of these do this and why some don't, I'll name them just in case they are in any way connected:

Affected models: F-111 (and other variants), F-18 (also all of its variants), & Jayhawk Helicopter.

Not Affected: Mig-21 models, Mig-31, B-1 Bomber, B-52 bomber, Harrier.

and some pics just in case too (Jayhawk):

img00006.jpg

img00007.jpg

Edited by RadPig94

The Jayhawk you need to get the LOD from another website. That is why you are having that issue.

Can you give me the link to the other planes you downloaded and I will try and help you get squared away?

cool, thanks for a fast reply.

F-18 Superhornet: http://combatace.com...ge-for-sf2-v20/

F-111 'Vark Pack: http://combatace.com...ack-version-24/

Jayhawk: http://combatace.com...mh-60t-jayhawk/

what are LODs and where do they go? I've seen that the F-18 came with one too, probably what's wrong with the affected aircraft.

where can I get this LOD?

and is this mod folder configuration right? Do I have "Flight" and other folders in the right area?

desktop.png

The FA-18F, FA-18E, and EA-18G folders need to go in the Objects/Aircraft folder. The whole mod is setup so you just cut and paste and it'll automatically end up in the right folders. Perhaps you did something wrong as it's good to go.

well, I know I have everything in the right area, I did it like all the other non-affected planes, the only thing I noticed is that the F-18 and F-111 came with an LOD within the downloaded aircraft folder, I didn't know where it went so I just put the LOD in the aircraft folder too

aircrafts.png

that whole setup dosent even look right .... I see no "Saved Games/Third Wire/ .../ folders at all*. (Assuming Windows 7 - XP you should have a Third Wire folder in the /My Documents)

As seen below, in a screenie of my set up.

Do 'stock' aircraft work?

assuming so, maybe reading some of the post in the SF2 Knowledge Base might be of some assistance

http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

to start with

wrench

edit: *in the 2nd posted pic; I see it in the first one. The 2nd pic just looks like an unzipped aircraft folders

(hope this don't sound too rude but...) Don't forget to read the "readme.txt" that should accompany every download! That has all the install instructions, if the uploader has done his/her/its job

Edited by Wrench

it is just the zipped folder of the new plane, I was just showing that it came with the LOD in the aircraft folder.

All stock planes work.

I've read the Knowledge base but I didn't see anything about LODs

I have read the "readme" for the planes that didn't work, they never did explain what an LOD is and the Jayhawk readme never told me/gave me a link to exactly where the LOD required is.

The whole install of these planes are drag and drop. When you unzip it compare them to you mod folders. You will see that some are named the same. Drag, drop and letmit overwrite as needed. These planes work, you're just not installing them correctly.

but how is drag and drop and different than copy and paste? which I have been doing to all the models.

when copy and pasting it would have alerted me if anything needed to be overwritten.

Edited by RadPig94

It's not any different. You can do either or. However these mods do work

what is that "Avon" folder in your screenshot and where does that "F-18_Destroyed.lod" go, in the F-18 folders? My version is a 2009 Israel, Vietnam, and Europe, should I use a Patch?

That F-18 Destroyed goes right in the Aircraft folder itself.

so I'm not doing anything wrong. so should I patch the game, would that help?

Does you aircraft folder look like that? And yes fully patch up.

Clipboard01.jpg

yes, it looks exactly like that.

about the patch, will it make the game's required specs go up? My computer isn't powerful, and on the 2009 version I already have some lag here and there, especially when the NukeEffects are shown, but I don't want to turn NukeEffects off because it's too cool to turn off.

Do you have any FPS tips?

I have a serious rig and those models I will say have been updated to use later patched version. The only way to tell is to patch and see what happens. Or go the very last pages of the SF2 Add On Aircraft section and use the older F-111's.

Ok, I will try the update later, hopefully it will play on my off-the-shelf PC

Yes keep us informed and we will try to help you work through all this.

well, I can only patch as far as 2010 because the other patches I have are only for SF2 itself, doesn't work for SF2+Israel. I am able to fly the 'Vark now, but not Jayhawk, the patch is not late enough. I can already see the difference in the performance, it's lagging a lot even at medium settings, on 2009 version I had only a few problems on High settings so I already know going any further will make my game unplayable.

well, I guess I'll reinstall SF2 so that it's the '09 version and look for older versions of the aircraft, hopefully there are a few choppers for me.

Try these F-111's they are older version of the big pack you downloaded.

http://combatace.com/files/file/9174-rf-111a-version-11/

http://combatace.com/files/file/9192-sf2-f-111adef-ef-111a-and-fb-111a/

http://combatace.com/files/file/9184-sf2-updated-f-111cg/

As far as the Jayhawk goes you have to get the LOD from another site.