Sign in to follow this  
ThomasDWeiss

I miss the daily/monthly download stats

That was a feature I found quite useful - I found many d/l I didn't know about.

In the Lomac d/l many links are still unavailable - and in the forums the edit feature only works for a few minutes, after that it no longer works.

Other than that - you guys did a great upgrade - congrats!

That was a feature I found quite useful - I found many d/l I didn't know about.

In the Lomac d/l many links are still unavailable - and in the forums the edit feature only works for a few minutes, after that it no longer works.

Other than that - you guys did a great upgrade - congrats!

I'll see what I can do about the weekly/monthly stats. Should be easy enough to code.

I'm still wading through the links to see what we are missing. Unfortunately a lot of the missing links are files that people linked to a remote location, so we'll have to scrounge around and see if we can find a copy and upload it locally.

I'm not sure what you mean by the forum edit only working for a few minutes, can you clarify that one for me? :biggrin:

Thanks for the kind words. Next up, working on these damn forum colors to match the main site.

You can see that the edit tab is missing

noedit.jpg

Buihaz looks great now - I use the default white background because it is easier to see on my Powerbook .

If I may , I would suggest that the old 'newest files' page should be kept , it was quite helpful.

Here are the two files that I uploaded whose link in not available

files.jpg

I tried to edit them and got this message:

nofiles.jpg

Here are the two files that I uploaded whose link in not available

I tried to edit them and got this message:

I'm still working on converting the existing file owners, at least as many as I can. I changed yours (found 2 files), try it now and see if it works.

You can see that the edit tab is missing

That's a forum setting that must have gotten changed, I'm doing a forum audit right now for permissions/settings, it should show up in the next day or so. :cool:

Buihaz looks great now - I use the default white background because it is easier to see on my Powerbook .

Thanks, we're working on it. My project now (after I get the files finished) is to get the forum colors/graphics in line with the main site, so it's got a more "unified" look. After that I'll do a light-color theme as well, that way people can select which they prefer.

If I may , I would suggest that the old 'newest files' page should be kept , it was quite helpful.

I'll see what I can do. Since this is a completely new script, I'll have to see if I can hack that functionality in, but it's going to be a few weeks down the road before I get to that request. :biggrin:

The link is still unavailable for that file,

so I decided to upload a copy of it.

I was able to open the edit page ,

but when I uploaded the same file (v1.05F) to replace the older one ...

I got this message:

unabletochangefile.jpg

Edited by ThomasDWeiss

I noticed the same thing last night. The good news is most (if not all) of the broken links should be resolved tonight, I have transferred all our files to this central server and will edit the DB to point to the new locations this evening. This will speed up the downloads as well as make it a hell of a lot easier to manage.

In the meantime, please, keep reporting those broken links via the link on the file's page. Some of these links are actually offsite to other servers outside my control, those I need to know about.