Sign in to follow this  
RAVEN

GAF Canbarra Mk20 Bomb load

I've been serching the Net for info on the number of bombs a GAF Mk 20 carried. So far all I've found is 4 M-117 (Vietnam) in the bombbay and 2 on the modified wingtip stations, The B-57A (that year airframe) is the only one that I found modified with the 8 underwing stations . Anyone have some data on this?

Raven

I habe a RAAF Canberra Mk.20 nearly finished for SF2.

Addet the outerwing pylons and did high-rez skins.

About loadouts visit:

http://canberratalk.conforums.com

There you find everything about the canberra...

Edited by Soulman

There's a series of books called "Australians at War", one of them outlines RAAF operations in Vietnam (can't remember the exact name off the top of my head) and has some nice shots of the Mk.20. I'm pretty positive I've seen snapshots in it with at least 4 or more of those underwing hardpoints loaded along with the wing tip hardpoints. I'll see if I can find it at work tomorrow as my branch has a fairly decent collection of Australian military history books.

Thanks for the info. I'm doing a GAF Mk.20 for first gen and have it 90% done ,I'm doing the RAAF No2 squardon with all the A84- decals, I have the placement worked out (bang head on keyboard) I,m using the b2 Model by ajunaidr. Still have to change some of the decals, but this is what I have so far.

raven

post-300-0-46976800-1318498642.jpg

I've been serching the Net for info on the number of bombs a GAF Mk 20 carried. So far all I've found is 4 M-117 (Vietnam) in the bombbay and 2 on the modified wingtip stations, The B-57A (that year airframe) is the only one that I found modified with the 8 underwing stations . Anyone have some data on this?

Raven

I'm having a blackout.... what means GAF in connection with Vietnam ? The few bright orange German Air Force Canberra's did not carry bombs AFAIK en stayed 20000km away from Vietnam... ???? :blink: Guess it's old age playing up....

Houdoe,

Derk

GAF build Canberras.

GAF the company who build the RAAF Canberras. :cool:

The GAF Canberras (only 3) where English Electric build ones.

:rofl:

Thanks Soulman . GAF is The Australian " Government Aircraft Factories " What are you using for the wingtip bomb pylons. Without the pylons the bombs are gust kinda hanging there? Just did some checking and I was wrong about the B-57A hard points.

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

ZmelliFahrdz Thanks. I'v serched alot and would like to see some of those pic's,

Raven

The recent B-57 Canberra units in Vietnam has the RAAF B.mk20s using 8 x WW2 era 500LB box fin bombs (with photos) - thats 2 on the wingtip rack mod racks and 6 in the bomb bay. This was a standard load until they were used up - then they used 6 x M-117s as the standard loadout - 4 in the bomb bay and 2 on the wingtip racks.

The B.mk20 is pretty much a B.mk2 bomber only, whereas the B-57A although it looks like the B.mk2 has few changes including multiple underwing hardpoints.

Edited by MigBuster

They were added via. "fake pilot method"

GAF build Canberras.

GAF the company who build the RAAF Canberras. :cool:

The GAF Canberras (only 3) where English Electric build ones.

:rofl:

:blink::grin: What I said: a blackout.....:heat:

Soulman what pylons are you using and was it a download? I like the nose paint on your mod (trade you my ADF and GAF number sets for a set of nose decals).

Raven

Edited by RAVEN

Pylons were made by Ravenclaw.

No dowload.

When i release the mod, it can only be used

in SF2 + Expansion Pack 2.

Can't sayI did'nt try. Thanks anyway.