Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

CV HMS Victorious, R38 by Hinchbrooke for SF2

CV HMS Victorious, R38 by Hinchbrooke for SF2

HMS Victorious (R38) Aircraft Carrier by Hinchbrooke

= For SF2, Any and All =

This is the aircraft carrier HMS Victorious as she appeared "post 1950s refit" until her retirement in the late 1960s. Originally released for 1stGens way back in 2005 and subsequently "lost" in the ether. Prompted by one of the CA members into looking for it, I scrounged through all my archive CDs (dating back to 2004) and actually located it. This will give our Fleet Air Arm guys someplace new to land on!

Some very small tweeks for SF2 (mostly to the radar statments for TEWS -but as she 'retired' in 1969, that's a bit moot).

As CVs are 'unvulnerable' in-game, her defensive armament is minimal (the same 2 guns that Hinch put on way back when), and mostly for show.

Also included, just for fun, are 2 missions set on the Desert map, using my SF2 mod of Skippybing's Sea Vixen. One is a take off, the other is landing. End Users ™ can always change the aircraft and 'mission date' to fit whatever aircraft pleases you. They are edits of the stock SF2 carrier take off/landing missions, moved to a

different map and using Royal Navy equipment.

As always, READ the enclosed readme for fully detailed, easy-to-follow install instructions. Hinch's original readme is included, for historical reference purposes.

With thanks to Hinch for creating this, so long ago!

Enjoy!

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the update Wrench :good:

Groundobject folder name is SF1 style.

We needed her!

:drinks:

PS About Sea Vixens: they are great, a fantastic companion with Buccs, any hope to fix that little bugging white box?

paulo, are you on XP with DX9?? I don't see that on Winge7 and Dx10. It could be an untextured mesh hidden inside somewhere, showing up (like on Pasko's F-82 Twin Mustang)

can you post a screenie?

PB: sf1 style? meaning that I didn't use a seperate skin subfolder? It still works though! :lol:

And the best tool in the Toolbox strikes again! Lovely little ship you fixed up for us. :)

PB: sf1 style? meaning that I didn't use a seperate skin subfolder? It still works though! :lol:

The foldername in the zip is Groundobjects, should be Groundobject :grin:

paulo, are you on XP with DX9?? I don't see that on Winge7 and Dx10. It could be an untextured mesh hidden inside somewhere, showing up (like on Pasko's F-82 Twin Mustang)

can you post a screenie?

Yes I'm still on XP/DX9.

This is the pic:

post-5138-0-03116500-1318719897.jpg

And yes, this is the issue from Out file: SteeringDummy (12 polys, 36 verts) 'ERROR: No material is assigned to this node!'

But if I remove that component the plane hasn't front gear!

so ............. I think I'll need to upgrade my system to Win7

it's just a small little bit ... just don't look at the right side!!

PB: oopss!!!!

ok people, rename the GroundObject folder to match what pureblue said!