Sign in to follow this  
33LIMA

Profile Publications

Don't see this posted before, but you can read scans of most/all of the 1960s Profile Publications here, incl;uding their WW1 titles:

http://www.scribd.com/collections/2291975/Profile-Publications

The Alb Dv one has the text pages scanned unreadably small but the others seem ok. The colour artwork may not have the benefit of the latest research but the main multi-view paintings are rather good and there is a lot of interesting material in the potted histories which accompany the illustrations. Don't think they can be printed or downloaded (I have most of the WW1 titles anyway).

Ah, for the good old days when you bought your bagged Series 1 Airfix kits from the corner shop with your pocket money, and could get these little Profile Publications from the local model shop or by mail order ('allow up to 28 days for delivery') if you wanted more than the excellent little type histories the kitmakers gave you with the instructions! I remember the excitement when the Revel 1/72 WW1 planes came out, lovely box art and beautiful models, with easy-to-assemble struts and superior pilot figures. Not a bit of brass etching in sight.

Don't see this posted before, but you can read scans of most/all of the 1960s Profile Publications here, incl;uding their WW1 titles:

http://www.scribd.co...le-Publications

The Alb Dv one has the text pages scanned unreadably small but the others seem ok. The colour artwork may not have the benefit of the latest research but the main multi-view paintings are rather good and there is a lot of interesting material in the potted histories which accompany the illustrations. Don't think they can be printed or downloaded (I have most of the WW1 titles anyway).

Ah, for the good old days when you bought your bagged Series 1 Airfix kits from the corner shop with your pocket money, and could get these little Profile Publications from the local model shop or by mail order ('allow up to 28 days for delivery') if you wanted more than the excellent little type histories the kitmakers gave you with the instructions! I remember the excitement when the Revel 1/72 WW1 planes came out, lovely box art and beautiful models, with easy-to-assemble struts and superior pilot figures. Not a bit of brass etching in sight.

Many thanks, 33LIMA.

I have hcopies for most entente a/c, but nothing for the central powers.

What abt that Seimens Shuckart, hey ? Wonder if it will feature in P4 ?

Oh yes, I remember making up the a/fix Camel, DR 1, Harry Tate, Roland etc, waaay back in the 1960's. Happy, happy days.

Cheers

And thanks x2 for me 33LIMA.

One for posting the link and two for reminding me I have several of these publications (on WW1 A/C) in my basement from my youth.

I had forgotten about them till I just saw them online and figured out why they looked so familiar.

33Lima.....these are great......thanks for the post....so interesting to read of the evolution of these birds. much obliged!!!