Sign in to follow this  
Tuba2

Correcting configuration

Strange as it seems I now do not seem to have the Ctrl +Shift + F6 command to shut off the engine fuel supply so I can stop the engine.I do not seem to find the file folder where these commands are stored so I cancheck if it still exists or add it back in if it is gone.

How do I find and fix this problem? :dntknw:

Thanks,

Jim

I dunno why that might stop working but you may be able to check and re-assign this key assignment in the (CFS3) in-game menu, the one that pops up when you hit 'esc' to stop a mission - look under the 'Controls' option. IIRC this doesn't work with joystick buttons.

The other thing is to hand-edit the file that contains the key and button assignments, which does work for joystick buttons too - IIRC it's Mine.xca - in Vista it's in [your user name]/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields. You can open this with Wordpad, check that the key assignment for this is right, my entry reads:

<Key ID="F6" Mod="Control+Shift" Action="MIXTURE_LEAN"/>

Edited by 33LIMA

Thanks for the reply 33LIMA. I will check on that tomorrow and get it corrected.

I dunno why that might stop working but you may be able to check and re-assign this key assignment in the (CFS3) in-game menu, the one that pops up when you hit 'esc' to stop a mission - look under the 'Controls' option. IIRC this doesn't work with joystick buttons.

The other thing is to hand-edit the file that contains the key and button assignments, which does work for joystick buttons too - IIRC it's Mine.xca - in Vista it's in [your user name]/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields. You can open this with Wordpad, check that the key assignment for this is right, my entry reads:

<Key ID="F6" Mod="Control+Shift" Action="MIXTURE_LEAN"/>