Sign in to follow this  
rhen

Got v 1.0.0.0

Hello,

Was wondering how to start with OFF. Have cfs3 and OFF version 1.00. Have RB3D also but not good on my comp.

Now, after working on Train Sim for years, I rediscovered the old OFF again and tried to run it.

It took me a few hours to get into the air and had some fun.

Now, is the old version I have still good, do I need the updates that are available or should I start new with the latest, or which version

of OFF ?. And if that is so, which one is needed now. What to do with v1.00 ? Chuck it ?

Thanks for any info on this ,

Ted

Others will know for sure, and you could always try applying the OFF Phase 3 patches to P1 and see what happens - but I'd be really amazed if they didn't either just fail to apply or if they did, just kill Phase 1, stone dead - they are just so different eg the new OFF Manager game/campaign interface.

I have OFF Phase 2, but even that is a beta compared to Phase 3. I would strongly recommend doing what I did, and buying OFF Phase 3 rather than tinkering about with Phase 1, even if you have a decent enough system to run the free-to-play version of Rise of Flight (as supplied on disc with this month's PC Pilot, incidentally); excellent tho RoF is, OFF Phase 3 has things now that will take RoF many months, probably. You could wait for OFF Phase 4 but no-one knows how long that will be, and life is short... :)

Edited by 33LIMA

Thank you for the reply.

And I figured it was something like you said. So I bought the DVD but it might be a while in coming.

In the meantime I will try to see if the patch works on v.1 or not.

Is BHaH phase 3 or what?

Oh well, I'll just have to see.

Thanks again,

Ted

Thank you for the reply.

And I figured it was something like you said. So I bought the DVD but it might be a while in coming.

In the meantime I will try to see if the patch works on v.1 or not.

Is BHaH phase 3 or what?

Oh well, I'll just have to see.

Thanks again,

Ted

Yeah BH&H is Phase 3.

FWIW when you get it, take the time to find out which Workshop settings suit you best, especially those for all the different gun settings, thay can make a big difference. Easier settings are probably best to start with and I would avoid playing either dead is dead or letting the game do a die roll to decide if you die, and just ticking 'pilot never dies' and deciding for yourself if you want to take the hit.

Good luck!

Just a point, never try to install patches for Phase 3 (Between Heaven and Hell) on an older version - if it installs at all it will definitely break! It may also leave you with problems removing etc. Older Phases 1 & 2 are totally different code.