Sign in to follow this  
hurc

Nellis AFB for Range /SoCal Terrains WIP

So we aren't gona get the level of DCS Warthogs Nellis (check this out "http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3413440/More_from_Matt_WIP_video_pan_o.html" ), but here is my WIP of one that will fit in the Range or Southern Cal terrains for SF2;

If you have any terrain objects that would be at home on Nellis let me know.

Thanks,

Hurc

post-14131-0-45753200-1319099360.jpg

post-14131-0-19154800-1319099373.jpg

• Like 1

Wow quite cool! :drinks:

When you add it to the Range, will you simply replace the existing Airbase or add it as a second Airbase?

looks good! a decent Terrain Tile of the area for the rest of the small things would set this off and take it to the next level.

Edited by SkateZilla

Wow quite cool! :drinks:

When you add it to the Range, will you simply replace the existing Airbase or add it as a second Airbase?

Thanks Soulman, right now I have it replacing the existing base, not sure if there is a space on the map flat enough for a second base except up where the targets are.

I was thinking of adding an enemy base for drones or aggressor a/c somewhere, most likely near the target area. The problem is the target area is so close that aggressor F-15s will be locking you up right after takeoff, LOL.

Hurc

Edited by hurc

where's the Thunderbirds hangar??? (having been to Nellis during our many Vegas trips ... can never resist taking the Tour of their facility)

Look REALLLY good!!

where's the Thunderbirds hangar??? (having been to Nellis during our many Vegas trips ... can never resist taking the Tour of their facility)

Look REALLLY good!!

Thanks Wrench! By the time I'm done The Thunder Chickens hangar will be there. Right now a place holder hangar is there till I mod it and do a red, white and blue paint job. I was stationed at Nellis '83-'84 and worked in the Area 2 WSA. Was allways fun to see them practice overhead.

Hurc

Ok, put it together tonight, Hows this ?

post-14131-0-63692100-1319184289.jpg

Edited by hurc

hurc, i'd say that's damn near perfect!! with a couple "small additions" (that I know aren't really possible)

hurc, i'd say that's damn near perfect!! with a couple "small additions" (that I know aren't really possible)

LOL! I would need to see your "VIP Pass" before I add bleachers, haha!

Now "static F-16(s) with the T-Bird Skin" is surely possible if there is/was one made ? {hint to any A/C modders watching this thread}.

Thanks,

Hurc

Scratch this - didnt work as I hoped, still need a Static T-Bird. - // Never mind my hint, LOL {think I have a way of makeing a parked T-Bird F-16 using a trick from Boostjunky and his parked FAC A/C}

Edited by hurc

the the 'Birds parked and your gold...

This is what you can get after several mission attempts with the games built in random parked A/C generator. But I still need a Static F-16 to really do justice.

Hurc

post-14131-0-80265500-1319267593.jpg

The Red Flag Buildings and Threat Display Vehicles are done. Should be done soon.

Hurc

post-14131-0-93315700-1319529317.jpg

You added the "Petting Zoo". Nice touch!

Great work on the new base. The detail is incredible. Static jets would be a great addition since you can't control what fighters park where/when all of the time.

Ramp starts... Just sayin'.

You added the "Petting Zoo". Nice touch!

Great work on the new base. The detail is incredible. Static jets would be a great addition since you can't control what fighters park where/when all of the time.

Ramp starts... Just sayin'.

Thanks Storm,

LOL, didn't know it had that nickname.

Has anyone figured out "Ramp Starts" ? I can make the takeoff points just about anywhere, but AI will pivot and head for the center point of the runway, regardless of its T/O heading or location. If no buildings are in its path it turns out ok, but is not pretty if they clip a structure or head into a hillside, LOL.

Edited by hurc

No, ramp starts havent been implemented yet. There have been some modified single missions, but nothing from TK.

Again, great work.

-Jeff

WIP - got the runways and taxiways lit up at night. I added light for the floodlights, but they dont really flood anything. Anyone got floodlights with a flood light tga added per the trucks with headlights ?

post-14131-0-43779100-1320303986.jpg

post-14131-0-42855100-1320304005.jpg

post-14131-0-99132300-1320304015.jpg

Edited by hurc

geez hurc...:blink:

soo... some do have acess to STT's tools, others not?:this:

geez hurc...:blink:

soo... some do have acess to STT's tools, others not?:this:

I do have STT access, which you would have to get from Swambast, but I can't get the hang of it so Nellis was built the old fashioned way, piece by piece. I'm going to incorporate the new Hi-Res Desert tiles into it as best I can too. Needs alot of cut n paste. I spend WAY too much time on modding this blinking game, LOL, just ask my girlfriend :grin:

Edited by hurc

I think I'm not on the "best friends" list of Steve's, long story :this:

I separated with mine the week before, so more time for me to finish some mods :rofl:

Hi-Res Desert is looking good IMHO. Better than the original Range Textures you think ?

post-14131-0-84178200-1320390968.jpg

• Like 2

actually, they were the stock desert tiles, with lots added for 'clear spaces' and such.

this looks MUCH better; really looks like Nellis!