Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Unofficial new Barmy Game - Hellshades "Hit or Miss?"

Here goes. I'll present 3 screenies (if possible) of a flight sim showing my cockpit view, the enemy plane view and the external view of my plane of a mid-air close call or collision. You vote if you think I Hit them in a mid air collision or Missed them and flew by safely. The next night, I'll post a very short video showing what actually happened.

Here's the first 'event'. What do you think? Was it a HIT or MISS?

post-46046-0-67902900-1319164236.jpg

post-46046-0-47222600-1319164267.jpg

post-46046-0-08436900-1319164289.jpg

Well I'm not a 'badge-carrying' Barmy member - but I reckon you managed to miss on that ocassion, Hellshade. :salute:

I'm guessing with your skill Hellshade you managed to miss and this is incredibly Barmy. :clapping:

Edited by Shiloh

Either just missed or a wing clip...I'm hedging my bets.

Could you please say what flight sim that is.

I'd go for a miss, and echo Wodin in asking what sim is it?

Either just missed or a wing clip...I'm hedging my bets.

Could you please say what flight sim that is.

Wings of Prey. I've got a few videos of it on my youtube site. youtube/hellshade68 You can still buy it on steam and sometimes they have sales where the price drops down to around $8. Definately worth such a bargain price.

Edited by Hellshade

Miss hell you could drive a division of Tiger tanks through that hole!! :drinks:

too close.....you're gonna chew tail and auger in with the poor Hun whose wing you sawed off.....cool pix!!!.....my condolences!!!

Check out the replay and see exactly what happened from three different angles!

Hit or Miss Vol 1. 1080HD (0:56)

Gratz to those who picked it right! 500 Barmy points, which you can send to OBD along with the full price for P4 and get a copy of the long awaited flight sim once it becomes available to the public.

Hellshade

somebody had to swim against the tide....that'd be me....barmy, eh? nice kill!!!

The next screenie is from a WWI flight sim we all know. I was out on patrol with my squadron when we were engaged by the Hun Menace. An over zelous Nieuport wingman was intent on the kill of a Hun, but did he end up killing me instead?

Hit or Miss with the Nieuport Wingman?

post-46046-0-11994300-1319237914.jpg

Hit or Miss with the Nieuport Wingman?

Hit on 2 counts. First by his bullets, then by his plane. Wingmen always do that, the kill-stealin' bastids! There's another reason to fly a Fee. It's the only fighter in OFF I've not had this exact thing happen in, simply because my AI wingees can't fly it anywhere near as aggressively as me :lol: .

BTW, who was the total noob in the FW scenario? Any FW driver who gets shot down by a spit under any circumstances must do 10 laps around the airfield with his parachute held over his head. Any FW driver who gets that low and that slow with Spits around is summarily executed as an example to the rest of the squadron :cool:

Judging by the angle of both I'm going to say hit. :dntknw:

gotta go w/ the flow this time....having been just here many times and seen the red screen of death shortly thereafter....I'd say the noop is toast

Don't know, it is very close, but unlike the first pictures, the flightpaths are near 90 degrees to each other. The wingman has to travel 10 to 15 ft to collide, but if the piloted plane moves a similar 10 to 15 ft in the same time slot, they will miss or very nearly.

I say miss, - but a lot depends on their relative speeds. The wingman is climbing, which is good, but the piloted plane is banking steeply and could be close to stalling, which is bad. On the balance, let's be positive. Miss.

Edited by Flyby PC

This was a tough one! Check out the brief video to see what happened!

Hit or Miss Vol 2 1080HD (0:07)

That's a Miss! Two near misses in a row. Can my luck hold out much longer?

Let's try a third one. Giving new meaning to "Hot on the Tail" of a BF 109, my Spitfire has made short work of this particular hun. But bracketed in by hostile Hun cannon fire from behind and his burning plane scant feet infront of me, is there any hope of escape? You decide!

Hit or Miss for the flying funeral pyre?

post-46046-0-96942600-1319318738.jpg

post-46046-0-51326400-1319318754.jpg

post-46046-0-32438800-1319318770.jpg

post-46046-0-79675100-1319318786.jpg

post-46046-0-63848700-1319318797.jpg

Edited by Hellshade

I'm betting that you flew through the smoke and flames allright.

I can't believe that last one was a miss. I'm guessing this next one was a hit as it's probably tough to see through those flames.

dang...2 for 2 wrong! So...on the old CFS 3 premise that as long as the guy was dead (black marker in the tac) you could fly thru any debris and survive...I'm gonna say you toasted his bloaters and survived the debris that followed.....that's a MISS!!

and furthermore....these screenshots are pretty lurid.....might have to check out this sim....although every forum I've been to complains about the demo download failing to work...or having to purchase every update/plane pkg. Be that as it may I'm happy to pay the price to the people who made it all work....pretty cool screenies....no?