Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Caution with the Oct 2011 Update

I have just updated my SF2 from the game interface for the Oct 2011 update and my SF2, WoI, and WoV will not start. Froze up my computer (Win 7) and had to restart. I went to ThirdWire and downloaded the Oct 2011 directly, ran the update outside the game, and the update worked fine. I now have WoE, but the other three are still messed up. In contact with ThirdWire on this, but advise caution from running the update from the link inside the games.

Addendum: Re-starting the game several times appears to have cleared up the update problem. Be prepared to use Win 7 Task Manager to close the program down (CNTRL-ALT-DEL, Start Task Manager, select the game, End Task) while you are re-starting the game several times.

How very strange. For me, the update from the game interface worked fine.

No problems here either.

No problem with interface either, but a lot of stuttering since September patch.

same problem that Jug, in my merged install only works vietnam

No problems here either. However, I do note that MiG-21's are more resilient to AHM's...for some reason, I just had a sortie in which I fired a meteor 50 miles away, it hit the MiG, but no damage was recorded...The MiG didn't even swerve violently or anything. It even shot my Phantom's tail down! Thanks God that beast can fly tail-less.

Also, even with 100 accuracy, missiles tend to miss quite a bit...no idea why

Luck mainly as I've shot at MiG-23s and missed with AIM-120Ds, it happens.

No problems here either. However, I do note that MiG-21's are more resilient to AHM's...for some reason, I just had a sortie in which I fired a meteor 50 miles away, it hit the MiG, but no damage was recorded...The MiG didn't even swerve violently or anything. It even shot my Phantom's tail down! Thanks God that beast can fly tail-less.

Also, even with 100 accuracy, missiles tend to miss quite a bit...no idea why

Same with AGM's. Very peculiar!

Maybe TK's trying out detonator failure, only the explosion effects are still there? I saw one Flogger fly unscathed after it had two 'winders blast under its belly.

Not sure whether its related, but I had a problem after the update where i could only select an F100D and all my careers were gone. I had to do a total uninstall and reinstall (a long process).