Sign in to follow this  
lanny

Missing Aircraft

All,

I noticed a few days ago that Nieuport 11s were not availible when I tried to create a new pilot. The 10s and 16s I knew about, but suddenly the 11s and 17s (all variants) are missing. The same is true for Sopwith Tripes, the SE-5 (all variants) and Albatross DV. I tried reinstalling from the disk but, oddly, had the same issue.

Any idea how I fix this?

Lanny

Daft tho this will sound the only thing I can think of is that the date you chose for your pilot's 'squad' when you created him, might be outside the service life of those planes eg the Alb DV only came in about July 1917 and the Nieuport 11 had gone long before then. Likewise the SE5a only comes in about April 1917 (although it should strictly be the less powerful SE5 for the first few months - it's coming with Phase 4 I think - not the SE5a).

Try selecting them in Quick Combat, German types for a German pilot and vice-versa obviously. You should be able to select any plane from your pilot's nationality I think, regardless of date. Also look inside the aircraft folder, and check the planes are all still there. If they are then are you sure your pilot's effective date is not too soon, or too late, for the 'missing' planes?

Edited by 33LIMA

33LIMA,

Thanks, but I don't think that's quite it. In previous (ie working) installations, I've played SE-5s in 1917-18 and Nieuport 11s and 17s in 1917 and 18 campaigns.

The game is also a lot less stable than I remember. It crashes a lot.

Is there some portion that remains after an un-installation that I can delete? If not, is what I'm going through just a goofy Windows 7 issue?

I appreciate your help.

Lanny

There's some advice on Win 7 as well as Vista here: http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Vista_Specific

Yes I believe CFS3 and OFF leave behind after installation some of their files. Those outside the main program folder are mostly in [username]/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields, and deleting before re-installing may well help. I seem to recall it is also recommended when troubleshooting to delete (and allow sim regeneration of) the file uisel.xm, located there (the OFF Workshop 'CFS3 reset' option i think does this sort of stuff). There's also screenshots and some minor mission or campaign stuff, stored in '[username]/Documents/CFSWW1/over Flanders Fields.

If you installed any mods incorrectly or edited files you may get this issue too.

We'd need more info, but best clean all things out first, there's help in the FAQ to remove everything,

See 2) here:

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Known_Issues

Also make sure you properly patched according to this (in the FAQ):

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Installation_and_settings