Sign in to follow this  
Dysko

Non-flyables made flyables, and resetted to non-flyables

I usually transform non-flyable planes in SF2 to flyables, in order to have even more variety in the plane menu.

I recently reinstalled all the SF2 series (SF2, V, E, I, both exp packs and all the DLCs, and patched up to Oct 11), and, AFTER installing and patching, I started modding the non-flyables. However, every few days, the main .ini of the non-flyable planes is automatically resetted, losing the cockpit line. I know this happens everytime I install a new game of the series, a new DLC or a new patch, but these times it happened without installing anything. I thought it may have been a feature linked to the auto-updater (if the auto-updater finds a modified file, it reverts it to the original configuration), so I firewalled the game (ALL the exes). Few minutes ago, however, I still got everything resetted to the original configuration.

This way, many mods (like Dels' Skyraider cockpits and the various MiGs updates) are rendered basically useless.

Is there a way to make the game stop modifying my files? Thanks in advance! :smile:

As far I know not.

As it happens after every patch or DLC install, I use to make a copy of the edited plane.ini with cockpit, avionics etc.

So I can revert to flyable all the planes I want with a little work without reinstall each mod.

:drinks:

I have backups too, but it's annoying having to use them so often because files are resetted every 2 days without apparent motive glare.gif

I have backups too, but it's annoying having to use them so often because files are resetted every 2 days without apparent motive glare.gif

You're right.:dntknw::grin:

If its resetting without patching or dlc addditions it sounds like a bug. I would report it at thirdwite.

Save your moddet ini files as "read only"

then they won´t been updatet.

This was discussed a few times (also here @ ca).